SOLD les baer custom carry 45 acp

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by boatdoc, Dec 22, 2019.

1. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    yet another gun that hurts my hand to shoot. Bought this Les Baer Custom Carry a few years back. Barely shot it. 500 rounds down the pipe . not customized at all .here is what Les Baer says about it:

You'll look a long time to find a real custom pistol at a price this low. Baer's Custom Carry is perfectly suited to home defense, duty use or weekend plinking. Like all Baer pistols, it's guaranteed to shoot 3 inch groups at 50 yards. Features include:

Baer NM frame, NM slide and NM barrel with stainless bushing (see below for frame and slide options) • Baer deluxe fixed combat sight • Baer dovetail front sight, improved ramp style night sights • Double serrated slide (on full size model only) • Baer speed trigger with crisp 4 lb pull • Baer deluxe hammer and sear • Baer tactical style extended ambi safety • Beveled mag well • Polished feed ramp and throated barrel • Tuned extractor • Baer extended ejector • Baer checkered slide stop • Lowered and flared ejection port • High checkered front strap @30 lpi • Tuned for total reliability • All corners rounded for tactical carry • Baer Premium Checkered grips • (2) 8-round premium magazine • Flat serrated mainspring housing

Calibers: .45 ACP

I was able to grab this gem for $1880. I would like $1550. it is pristine. no trades. I accept personal check( must clear before shipping) or major credit cards(NO CC Fees) includes shipping ffl to ffl

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    snap1, colrhino, R.R.1911 and 10 others like this.
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I have a Custom Carry and I plan on keeping it. It shoots well and has a unique character. Every 1911 enthusiast should have had a Les Baer in their hands at some point in their life.

GLWS!

3. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    631B0971-898A-438F-AE31-62F4DB605D23.jpeg 161EE218-1162-4EF2-87AD-569464EC1286.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  4. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    I have a 9mm lS and my MRS has 3 LB in 45. great guns.

5. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Boatdoc, looks like a Monolith frame. Is this a Heavyweight?

Great price! GLWS

boatdoc, simonp and Babboonbobo like this.
  6. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Helleva buy right there, plus boatdoc already spent the money on break-in ammo so the buyer doesn't have to!
    GLWS!

7. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    @dash THANKS.. that is my wifes MONO. should have known by the sights.

UBOATDOC and dash like this.
  8. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    @boatdoc, you’re welcome. I replaced the photos in my post above.

If I didn’t have a Custom Carry already I’d be interested. Shouldn’t take long at that price.

boatdoc and simonp like this.
  9. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Excellent handgun at an excellent price!!!!!!!!!! If I were not recovering from a spree, I would be all over that rig.

colrhino, boatdoc and simonp like this.
  10. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    thanks again @dash . much appreciated. someone would have thought they were getting her mono

dash likes this.
  11. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    I like TRPs but I'd take this Baer over a TRP all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

12. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
  13. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Well, one should not assume that any 1911 parts are interchangeable, most will require some amount of fitting regardless of the brand. But the only Baer part that I'm aware of that isn't "standard" is the frame - the grip frame is thicker front to rear, some people have had issues with MSHs and magwells because of that. I don't recall ever hearing that any of the internal parts or controls are proprietary. Of course, since pretty much every part on every Baer is hand fitted I'd expect that more fitting might be necessary if replacing parts than in something like an assembly line Colt. That wasn't a consideration when I bought my Baers.

simonp, boatdoc, UBOATDOC and 2 others like this.
  14. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim chicken wings

Jan 18, 2018
    This has front serrations?

boatdoc likes this.
  15. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    sorry pic is dark. according to the les baer write up --it does

fallenangelhim likes this.
  16. repars

repars New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    A few questions:
    Are you the original owner?
    How many rounds has it shot?
    Do you have the original rear sight?

thanks

17. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    the rear sight is original. I accidentally poste d my wifes MONOLITH in the original thread. sorry

I bought the gun and had shot about 500 rounds( to break it in) before I had my hand surgery.wish I could keep it.. but my hand wants a 9mm

UBOATDOC likes this.
  18. FRC102

FRC102 Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I sent a pm

boatdoc and UBOATDOC like this.
  19. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
  20. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    SOLD pending funds. Thanks merry christmas

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted