1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baer NM frame, NM slide and NM barrel with stainless bushing (see below for frame and slide options) • Baer deluxe fixed combat sight • Baer dovetail front sight, improved ramp style night sights • Double serrated slide (on full size model only) • Baer speed trigger with crisp 4 lb pull • Baer deluxe hammer and sear • Baer tactical style extended ambi safety • Beveled mag well • Polished feed ramp and throated barrel • Tuned extractor • Baer extended ejector • Baer checkered slide stop • Lowered and flared ejection port • High checkered front strap @30 lpi • Tuned for total reliability • All corners rounded for tactical carry • Baer Premium Checkered grips • (2) 8-round premium magazine • Flat serrated mainspring housing

$1500 shipped to your FFL

Price is fixed, firm and fair.
Not interested in trades.
First "I'll take it" via email gets it.
Email to: [email protected]
Being listed on other forums.
Requests for lower price or trades will be ignored.

I checked prices on these, new, and the best price I could find was $1780, plus shipping. Since I bought it and put more rounds through it, I'm knocking $200 off what I paid, seems fair.

I purchased this just a couple weeks ago from another member here. Great shooter. He had put 300 rounds through it. I put another 500 rounds through it, so it is now, according to Les Baer, broken in. I used Baer's recommended ammo, American Eagle hardball.

Perfect operation, like new condition, but it is just not for me. I took the plunge and purchased two STI 2011 and two less expensive 1911s from members here, so I'm going to let this one go.

I threw the box away it came in, but have the Les Baer Patch and bushing wrench.

I prefer PP FF but will take any other form of payment too.

Here is the product page at Les Baer's website:
https://www.lesbaer.com/CusCarry.html

Attachments

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The Custom Carry is a nice gun. I had picked one up a few weeks ago. So far, mine has been been accurate and reliable. I probably wont sell it unless I'm hurting for cash.

I think every aspiring 1911 aficionado should at least try a Les Baer once in their life.

GLWS

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's a GREAT handgun, just can't justify keeping it now that I've picked up two STI 2011s, one new and one gently used, and then also two 1911s, lower price.

So, it's got to go. Hope responding to comments on this thread is not a no-no.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Conversation during for sale threads are the norm. I agree the Baer CC is a lot of 1911 for the money. I really like mine and while I have had weak moments, its still here and likely not going anywhere.

I think your price is about perfect. Thing I don't understand is some may think that's too much, but will gladly spend more for dan Wesson. IMHO, the Baer 1911 represents the most 1911 pistol for the money, bar none.

GLWS, be patient as its a bad market currently. If I needed another gov't sized 45auto, we would be talking.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a patient person and I'll give it some time here then I will move it on over to Gunbroker.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Friendly advice, Centuriator, from someone who's been where you're at. FWIW, I have had a number of Les Baers move in and out of my safe over the years. I've had as many as 3 at one time, and as few as none; multiple models. The times I've been without one has been like an itch I couldn't scratch. My Addiction is never really in check without one. So I grabbed another TRS (my favorite) shortly after Les discontinued them, and I don't plan to let it go. If I were in your position, I'd sell the two lower priced 1911s and keep the Baer- but that's just me.

For reference, I also have two STI 2011s, and another on the way. I really like my 2011s, and one of things I like about them is that I could possibly trade one of them down the road for another Les Baer, lol. GLWS

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friendly advice, Centuriator, from someone who's been where you're at. FWIW, I have had a number of Les Baers move in and out of my safe over the years. I've had as many as 3 at one time, and as few as none; multiple models. The times I've been without one has been like an itch I couldn't scratch. My Addiction is never really in check without one. So I grabbed another TRS (my favorite) shortly after Les discontinued them, and I don't plan to let it go. If I were in your position, I'd sell the two lower priced 1911s and keep the Baer- but that's just me.

For reference, I also have two STI 2011s, and another on the way. I really like my 2011s, and one of things I like about them is that I could possibly trade one of them down the road for another Les Baer, lol. GLWS
:)

Thanks...I may just end up doing what you did...but for now...I am selling it.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,383 Posts
Excellent gun at a great price.....it will move at this price. If I had not just bought one....we would be "having a conversation". Nothing prettier than a blued Baer(well, almost nothing)

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent gun at a great price.....it will move at this price. If I had not just bought one....we would be "having a conversation". Nothing prettier than a blued Baer(well, almost nothing)
Thanks

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So..guys...am I expecting too much at this price? I paid more from a fellow member, but maybe I was stupid. :)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
It's been less than a week. Give it time. I'm sure that there are members who haven't even seen your ad yet.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I'll let it ride. I do most of my selling on Gunbroker, so...this is a different experience. I want to sell it to a fellow Addict, since I bought it from one.

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roger that. I don't want to take advantage of anyone, since Don had put 300 rounds through it, and I put another 800, so I'll hold where it is. Some day my prince will come.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts