1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks absolutely beautiful!! With John taking over the operation JoJo’s is better than ever. Without a doubt JoJo’s is the preeminent gunsmith in Connecticut.
I agree. I've been using them as a smith since the 80's. Back then, it was Jody's father's shop. Jody worked on my S&W 686 when he was 18 years old. People still say it's the best S&W trigger they've ever felt.

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
3,183 Posts
I agree. I've been using them as a smith since the 80's. Back then, it was Jody's father's shop. Jody worked on my S&W 686 when he was 18 years old. People still say it's the best S&W trigger they've ever felt.
I was going to have some work done there but I’m not sure now that Jody passed away I don’t know who is doing their gunsmithing right now

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How’s the action feel being all NP3?
It feels noticeably "slicker" but I never handled this gun prior to NP3 to be fair. I'm comparing it to others Baer's I've had. I can tell you that it's BY FAR the easiest 1911 to clean, the fouling literally just wipes off and you really wouldn't even need to use a solvent. NP3 > Unicorns

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
It feels noticeably "slicker" but I never handled this gun prior to NP3 to be fair. I'm comparing it to others Baer's I've had. I can tell you that it's BY FAR the easiest 1911 to clean, the fouling literally just wipes off and you really wouldn't even need to use a solvent. NP3 > Unicorns
NP3 is an amazing finish. I had my Staccatos barrel NP3 and yeah, it’s slick and cleans so easy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was going to have some work done there but I’m not sure now that Jody passed away I don’t know who is doing their gunsmithing right now
The guy who took over for Jody (May he Rest In Peace) is a fellow named Ross.
He had done some small work for me, and it came out perfect, so I am having them do two full builds for me.
A Pre-Ban Colt that will have an RMR and multiple barrels fit, including one threaded.
And he is upgrading a Springfield Garrison for me.
I’ll post them when they are done.
I was going do the Pre-Ban Colt in Black PVD. Now I am thinking of NP3.

·
Registered
122 Posts
View attachment 1029383
Ross is back and Greg has been there for years. Both are excellent smiths. Greg was at US Firearms for years before they closed.

Jody was a wizard. And I considered him a true friend for more than 20 years.
Jody was a great human being and one of the top Smiths in the Country. That is not Hyperbole. It is true.

I found out that when Jody got his cancer diagnosis it was about the same time I got mine (Prostate Cancer for me). Unlike Jody, mine got caught in time, even though it was aggressive.

Over the years I would be in and out of there as I would have a project going on every so often. So Jody and I would talk life, politics, news. He was a real warm guy and just a great person. He is missed by many.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Who's up for JoJo's sponsoring a 1911 shooting day. Maybe we can even get Colt get involved. How about holding it at the oldest gun club in America, The Hartford Gun Club. We have so much local fire arms history in Connecticut, I think it would be great to get a bunch of like minded individuals together and celebrate it.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts