1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
708 Posts
This started off as a Custom Carry. The previous owner sent this off to JoJo’s for an extensive work over. The stock parts remaining are the slide, frame, and barrel. JoJo’s pretty much touched every part and edge on this one. The finish is NP3 which is incredibly impressive in person. The remaining change that I’ll make is having a rear serrated sight and gold bead front sight installed. I’ve never been a night sight fan unless it’s on one of my carry guns.

View attachment 1022861
View attachment 1022863
View attachment 1022866
View attachment 1022865
View attachment 1022864
View attachment 1022860
View attachment 1022862
And apparently this one is “pretty” so my wife has made claim to it.
I don’t blame her😂
That is one beautiful Les Baer!!!!!! Looks so damn nice, I love it!!!! Lucky man.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Who's up for JoJo's sponsoring a 1911 shooting day. Maybe we can even get Colt get involved. How about holding it at the oldest gun club in America, The Hartford Gun Club. We have so much local fire arms history in Connecticut, I think it would be great to get a bunch of like minded individuals together and celebrate it.
Great idea. I'm on the Board of Governors at The Hartford Gun Club. I'm the match director for pistol events too. If JoJo's has an interest, perhaps I can assist with clearing it at the club. Colt has a corporate membership at the club and they've supported events before. If other brands of 1911's are represented, it may be a challenge to get them to "sign-on" though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great idea. I'm on the Board of Governors at The Hartford Gun Club. I'm the match director for pistol events too. If JoJo's has an interest, perhaps I can assist with clearing it at the club. Colt has a corporate membership at the club and they've supported events before. If other brands of 1911's are represented, it may be a challenge to get them to "sign-on" though.
I’m also a member of the gun club. Maybe we know each other. I’ll contact John at JoJo’s.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I’m also a member of the gun club. Maybe we know each other. I’ll contact John at JoJo’s.
One winter evening we did a “Battle of Barrymore” in the indoor range. We had about 30 different model Wilson and Nighthawk pistols laid out for people to shoot. It was a lot of fun.

The same format that includes a broader offering of 1911’s at the action pits could be interesting

·
Registered
21 Posts
This started off as a Custom Carry. The previous owner sent this off to JoJo’s for an extensive work over. The stock parts remaining are the slide, frame, and barrel. JoJo’s pretty much touched every part and edge on this one. The finish is NP3 which is incredibly impressive in person. The remaining change that I’ll make is having a rear serrated sight and gold bead front sight installed. I’ve never been a night sight fan unless it’s on one of my carry guns.

View attachment 1022861
View attachment 1022863
View attachment 1022866
View attachment 1022865
View attachment 1022864
View attachment 1022860
View attachment 1022862
Awesome Piece bro!

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
Reactions: BlindSpirit63