1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m looking to blackout my Priemier II with some VZ grips. From what I read LB grips are a little special. So looking for some recommendations (pics would be great) on which ones would fit my PII.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
SGM makes G10 grip panels that are “Baer” sized. I know VZ makes the factory grips for Baer but I don’t know if you can buy them separately.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Check with Baer, maybe they'll sell you a set like they put on the Hemi-

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've never had problems putting alternate grips on my Baers. For all I've experienced, 8 Baers starting in '97, the hole to hole spacing and locations are common to other 1911s.
Jim

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
I've never had problems putting alternate grips on my Baers. For all I've experienced, 8 Baers starting in '97, the hole to hole spacing and locations are common to other 1911s.
Jim
It's not a screw hole issue, Baer gripframes are wider on the sides so the grips are , too, so there isn't extra metal showing beyond the edges of the grips.

Reactions: HooDoo Man

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,478 Posts
Those are real nice but to fancy for me.
I've emailed him. Maybe he has some plain black grips. That's what I'm looking for myself. Something in black with texture.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,478 Posts
Hey, just installed these grips. Not too shabby. The grips are not as wide as grips designed for a Les Baer. But the frame showing on the sides actually looks good to me. Might keep them on a while.

20200406_205452.jpg
20200406_205426.jpg

Reactions: Tony13 and DWdude

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,478 Posts
Duragrips, Amozon or their website. If you have prime then from Amozon and save on shipping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Isn’t there also two variations of grip widths/front strap radius cuts with Baers roughy defined (with some crossover) between the Hillsdale and LeClaire move?

·
Pigtails and butter please...
2,909 Posts
The very early Baers had more "colt like" dimensions, but there were plenty of "Hillsdale" Baers made later with the blockier (and current) look and feel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts