1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time in a row that I have gone to my LGS to pick up a transfer and they have an interesting piece in the case on consignment. Last time I made it a half mile away before succumbing to the addiction. This time I made it all the way home but it was more because of my unfamiliarity with Baer's. Yes I do know that they are fine examples of 1911's but I would like to know if there is anything specific to look for to aid the decision. It is a Custom Carry I think by the websites pics. Looks to be good condition just a little wear at the muzzle, still hard to rack (barely by hand with a death grip on the slide), no box or papers but both mags. Can one contact Les Baer and find out more about this pistol? Like if it is a production gun or one that was ordered with customization. Is anything known by just the serial number (without Les Baer help)? They have a tag on it for $1500+, searching around the sites on the net the asking prices seem to be between $1200+ to $1,800's. So it's hard to tell what would be a fair price without totally knowing the true conditions of these listed pistols. Figured I would ask those on here that deal more frequently with Baers for an education.
Gun Trigger Tool Iron Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Iron Gun accessory

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
I've owned multiple Baers.
Still have 3 with a 4th on the way.
Looks stock to me.
I would buy the damn gun!

But that is just me.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Whew! Thanks guys, just when I thought my addiction was waning you guys lead me back . Sort of figured it would find a way into my safe but always helps to ask the experts first when in uncharted territory.

Always at your service . . . .

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
That is very nice condition considering it's age. I would buy it were I you, looks like a Premier model, but I could certainly be wrong
Only difference between a PII and a Custom carry is the rear sight.
A PII would have an adj rear sight.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
3,299 Posts
If the original box were present, the label on the end would tell how the gun was optioned when new. If you pull the slide back, the amount of shiny area on the barrel from bushing contact will show about how much wear it has had. It's a Hillsdale model, if it were me it would be coming home with me. Best wishes.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.