Les baer monolith grip thickness

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by gtcooper, Feb 17, 2019.

1. gtcooper

gtcooper Active Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I'm not at home to measure. Does anybody know if the grips that come on the les baer monolith thinner than normal grips? My shots are to the left and I'm thinking my support hand has an empty "pocket" when firing, thus pushing the muzzle to the left. And therefore I am thinking I need some thicker grips to fill that "pocket". I know there are other things that cause the shooting left of poa. But my other guns, I have not had this problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    No, the monolith grips are standard. IF you don’t have the newest style of factory grips, VZ wooden, it may be worth calling Les Baer and ordering a set. They fit the frame better and may help.

gtcooper likes this.

3. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I agree, the Monolith griips are standard.

gtcooper likes this.
  4. gtcooper

gtcooper Active Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Not sure what these are. It is an older hillsdale, so I assume not the newer grips. Will call and try those. Been meaning to call anyway and find out when the gun was made. Thanks .

dash likes this.
  5. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Have you tried adjusting the sights?

Does it shoot straight off a rest?

gtcooper likes this.
  6. gtcooper

gtcooper Active Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Haven't tried that, yet. Haven't shot it from a rest either. Was going to carry one with me next time. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

7. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Let some of your buddies.....shoot & sight the gun in too ..... at a 3 or 4" plus sign "+".... and see what the consensus is ....sights might be off....( I like 3 shot groups for consistency )...a 1 inch group of 3 shots at 7 tp 10 yds should tell you something ...

8. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I have a set of palm swell XS Shredder grips and they are amazing! Really fill my large hands, give me more control and reduced felt recoil. I’ve never had grips make so much difference in how a gun shoots.
    Jeff

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted