Les Baer Trigger Change

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by reconciler, Aug 8, 2020.

1. reconciler

reconciler Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I would like to change the trigger in my les Baer UTC to a Harrison Design medium length trigger. I have fitted the Harrison trigger to all of my 1911s because the feel is perfect for me. I have read about the dimensional differences between Baers and standard 1911s, does this extend to the trigger channel? Am I opening a can of worms by attempting to fit a new trigger? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The rear face of the Harrison trigger bar is thicker where it contacts the grip safety. You will have to address this on the grip safety.

3. bnaples

Jun 24, 2013
    If i remember correctly the red area will have to be filed to gain clearance. I have done this on mine before. It was not difficult as long as you don't rush it. 20200808_103135.jpg

4. bnaples

Jun 24, 2013
    20200808_103908.jpg the back of the bow is lowered on the baer trigger like this one

5. bnaples

Jun 24, 2013
    The harrison is not lowered in that area. p_100004094_1.jpg

6. bnaples

Jun 24, 2013
    I guess you could modify the rear face of the bow instead but this was how I did it.

7. reconciler

reconciler Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Thank you so much for the information! The trigger change will make my UTC the absolute perfect gun.......for me.

bnaples and wrmiller like this.
  8. Jim 1855

Jim 1855 Member

Mar 1, 2020
    I'd be inclined to modify the bow of the new trigger rather than the original Baer parts. But, it's probably easier to file on the grip safety than the trigger bow.
    Jim

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted