1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been tossing around the idea of picking up something less than lethal for a while. I went to my FFL last week and they had the new Bolt 2 from Taser in stock. Comes with 2 cartridges, targets, and has laser/flashlight.
Ive spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best less than lethal option. I think this is the best option. Now I just need to find a place to mount/store it in the car. Believe it or not, it doesn’t fit in the Volvos console. It’s just a hair too wide.
Vehicle Odometer Speedometer Car Tachometer

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
If you want something less than lethal for the car, why not a 9mm?

:p

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s funny that this topic always gets the same response from gun owners. This is about having an option that doesn’t involve taking a life. It doesn’t mean that I won’t still carry concealed every day. It means that I have the ability to stop a threat without having to shoot someone. And if I’m in a situation where someone is posing a threat and I have to stop them, I’ll be getting charged with assault (if that’s the case), and not a murder charge. Nowadays it’s way too common to have people pose a threat in a road rage incident. Of course if someone pulls a gun, so am I. But if someone pops out of a car with a bat or something similar, I have an option that won’t lead to me spending the rest of my life in jail.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if you got sued and / or imprisoned for using that to defend against a carjacking, whereas you'd likely stand a better chance of retaining your freedom and $$ if you shot (and killed) the offender with a pistol.
Im okay with taking it to court. But it beats a murder wrap.
The rest of your comment is clearly opinion and not based on facts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I’ve been tossing around the idea of picking up something less than lethal for a while. I went to my FFL last week and they had the new Bolt 2 from Taser in stock. Comes with 2 cartridges, targets, and has laser/flashlight.
Ive spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best less than lethal option. I think this is the best option. Now I just need to find a place to mount/store it in the car. Believe it or not, it doesn’t fit in the Volvos console. It’s just a hair too wide.
View attachment 1020328
[/URL]
My only suggestion would be to check your laws in your area as to how they classify tasers use. If legally they would be considered deadly, then the same laws as firearms would apply. Ask a lawyer before you need a lawyer.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My only suggestion would be to check your laws in your area as to how they classify tasers use. If legally they would be considered deadly, then the same laws as firearms would apply. Ask a lawyer before you need a lawyer.
I live in Florida. I don’t need a lawyer to defend myself. And if a lawyer tells you that you’re better off shooting someone, you may need to find another lawyer. Not sure what planet would consider taser use deadly force

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am with Giga on this one. Bear Spray and or Wasp killer will definitely give a thug a vision problem.

And, the reality is, blowing a 0.08% BAC is not that hard, even though many of us can manage to drive home from a nice meal out with the GF without being a danger to others in our cars after splitting a bottle of wine.

IF you were to be pulled over, having a gun in the car would be a real problem.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts