1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I’d add Milks except I like him being under most folks radar & not having a 10 year backlog!!

He really does do incredible work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: FWoo45

·
الواحد
849 Posts
I don’t know about the “lesser known” but my top guys are (Not in a particular order)
@Integrity Arms
@pistolwretch
@Karl Beining
@EvolutionArmory
Valor Precision

I met Steve and Karl on this forum. I had followed Chuck for a while and started talking with him when I joined addicts. I knew of Evo but got to know them through posts here. Valor I found through a member on an other forum.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
144 Posts
Call me crazy when but I like my guns without rasp marks all over and I don’t like wavy bevels, I don’t like to be told 1 year and 4 years later still not have my gun, and I like my guns to run.

Its amazing how many folks that rules out.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I don’t know about the “lesser known” but my top guys are (Not in a particular order)
@Integrity Arms
@pistolwretch
@Karl Beining
@EvolutionArmory
Valor Precision

I met Steve and Karl on this forum. I had followed Chuck for a while and started talking with him when I joined addicts. I knew of Evo but got to know them through posts here. Valor I found through a member on an other forum.
Evolution armory is on my list to try having discovered them here!

Chuck... well hell I met Chuck when I was a younger man before I had a gray hair now the only hair I have is gray!!

Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,047 Posts
A couple that aren’t mentioned as often as they used to be are Don Williams and Novak’s. My first dabble into having a 1911 worked on was with Don Williams and a stainless Springfield, to say it is one I wish I had back would be a understatement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
A couple that aren’t mentioned as often as they used to be are Don Williams and Novak’s. My first dabble into having a 1911 worked on was with Don Williams and a stainless Springfield, to say it is one I wish I had back would be a understatement.

Novaks only has packages now days on their guns right? I remember looking into them awhile back to send a gun for some work.

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,047 Posts
Novaks only has packages now days on their guns right? I remember looking into them awhile back to send a gun for some work.
I think they are more geared towards the packages but I’ve seen a couple one offs come out of their shop in the last year or so. Plus they typically have a couple with their various packages in stock.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don’t know if he’s still building guns or not, but I’ve been told by several Houston area shooters that Eddie Jimenea could sure build something special. I think he usually did more competition guns than anything, but they were supposed to be amazing.

Also heard the same about Claudio at Briley Manufacturing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm so glad to see how this thread has taken off!!

Keep em coming and MORE PICS!

....also... could somebody clue me in on this weird beef happening between the lines here? I have no ide what's being discussed/argued about...

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
I don't know about the others but David Clevinger is still building 1911s and doing engraving. I believe he's gotten quite busy the last couple of years. He built my Wiley Clapp 'Roadster' a few years ago.
View attachment 708525

Robin Dietrich in Otis, ME is a terrific all around gunsmith and he does excellent 1911 work. He's got a full service shop, even does his own bluing. He's well know locally, not so much on the national stage. He built my .38 Super/9mm/9x23 Colt ORM 1991A1 about 7 years ago. He has also done lots of other custom work for me on everything from .22 rifles to revolvers and other 1911 work.
View attachment 708526
I love those two guns of yours!!!!
I would ask that you leave them to me in your will... however, I'm quite sure my number will be called long before yours.
Therefore, I ask that you send them to me to hold for a short while and I promise to send them back.... just fondled ever so lightly.

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,047 Posts
How about Ed Vandenberg in Houston Texas. He did some work on a commander for me several years back that was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
As much as I appreciate the "amazing, and Stunning, and truly awe inspiring" with the unlimited space to write on here, I would like to know in detail why their work was a .....art or a .... job. Yes pictures would be nice, however, when the weapon left your hand and was given to another, what plethora of things done to it made it more outstanding than ever before. What was it about the smithing was at a standard worthy of your praise. If you don't object to my pause in the name dropping action.

Reactions: simonp

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,939 Posts
I don't know about the others but David Clevinger is still building 1911s and doing engraving. I believe he's gotten quite busy the last couple of years. He built my Wiley Clapp 'Roadster' a few years ago.
View attachment 708525

Robin Dietrich in Otis, ME is a terrific all around gunsmith and he does excellent 1911 work. He's got a full service shop, even does his own bluing. He's well know locally, not so much on the national stage. He built my .38 Super/9mm/9x23 Colt ORM 1991A1 about 7 years ago. He has also done lots of other custom work for me on everything from .22 rifles to revolvers and other 1911 work.
View attachment 708526
I never get tired of seeing these guns.

·
Dremel jockey
4,080 Posts
This is the Golden Age for top quality 1911's.
Many smiffs to choose from, many with their own unique style.
You can get it JUST like you want it.
And it will perform as you expected.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
This is the Golden Age for top quality 1911's.
Many smiffs to choose from, many with their own unique style.
You can get it JUST like you want it.
And it will perform as you expected.

Who is on your list Chuck?

Reactions: DWPW
21 - 40 of 45 Posts