1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree about the factory grips. That was the first thing that had to go. IMHO the ECO is a very handsome gun except for the grips.

Here's my ECO 9mm with Esmeralda's slim Caiboti Wood grips with half checkering. I like these grips so much I'm adding a pair to my Guardian too.

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did not like the original DW ECO grip, it did not give me good purchase. I have small hand, S gloves, I found the slimness is fine but I would prefer standard compact grip from WC, aggressive texture.

·
Premium Member
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
1,993 Posts
I did not like the original DW ECO grip, it did not give me good purchase. I have small hand, S gloves, I found the slimness is fine but I would prefer standard compact grip from WC, aggressive texture.
Hmm I take a medium glove let me know what you find perhaps I will make a swap too - I went Wilson X tac grips on one of my Valors and I like it .
so far I am struggling with my EDCX9L grips feels like a fat chick in my hands 🤣🤣little too wide for my tastes but we will se
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Ammunition

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmm I take a medium glove let me know what you find perhaps I will make a swap too - I went Wilson X tac grips on one of my Valors and I like it .
so far I am struggling with my EDCX9L grips feels like a fat chick in my hands 🤣🤣little too wide for my tastes but we will se View attachment 992519
EDC X9, EDC X9 Didn't like at 1st touch/handling. But once I handle/with her everyday, I started to like her a lot she makes me realize the different feeling handle single stack 1911. Reminder: I am talking about 1911 only. Not to blame on EDC X9, I personally like standard grips. Not so slim, not so thick just in the middle and it feel great in my small hand.

WC Grips, Compact, Slant Pattern works great. The best one is WC Grips, Compact, Aggressive Starburst Pattern.

That TRAK Pattern grips look really great may be I have better picture in the future. :)

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I’m gonna give the EDCX9L a little more time before I make any judgments we will see how it shoots when I get it out to the range I was very skeptical of that platform but so many people that I shoot with love it and do very well with it that I had to give it a try

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried a few different grips on the ECO, a couple VZ styles, the DW cocobolos and of course the Rit dyed OEMs. About $175 sitting in the drawer doing nothing.
But the grips I usually have installed are very inexpensive Cool Hand grips, like $20ish. I like the beautiful wood grips from various makers, but the grippy G10 works best for me.
Flooring Gadget Bumper Rectangle Pattern

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Communication Device Portable communications device Bumper Gadget Carbon

Wood Musical instrument accessory Composite material Synthetic rubber Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Amen I am very happy I dont care for high end wood or special material grips I typically like G10 from VZ
My bank account thanks me 😊

1 - 19 of 19 Posts