1911 Firearm Addicts banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
старая каза
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi,
As a heads up, be careful when you go to clean that barrel.

My CZ was so tight, I went to a .20 cal cleaning rod, so as not to hurt the rifling?
I invested in a good, one-piece .22 cleaning rod several years ago for my AR's. Best $30 I ever spent. I'd say it's right about .20 caliber because it fits down the barrel of the Ruger with room to spare.

·
старая каза
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
@Scaramouche

And you're, at least, partially to blame for my current obsession with bolt action .22's. Remember that thread back in late Spring/early Summer that you posted about the simple pleasure of plinking with your CZ? That was very well-timed and the photography was brilliant. I was on the verge of picking-up a Tikka T1x after reading about your exploits but, I just liked the RAR a little bit more even though I was gonna have to upgrade the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
@Scaramouche

And you're, at least, partially to blame for my current obsession with bolt action .22's. Remember that thread back in late Spring/early Summer that you posted about the simple pleasure of plinking with your CZ? That was very well-timed and the photography was brilliant. I was on the verge of picking-up a Tikka T1x after reading about your exploits but, I just liked the RAR a little bit more even though I was gonna have to upgrade the trigger.
Lol, Nothing like an addict helping another addict to start a new addiction. A forum member can start a thread about a certain handgun, rifle or shotgun that I have no interest in but suddenly I'm gathering research and costs of that gun, thinking about how I could enjoy that gun. Honesty, I think most of us are just addicted to ALL guns, never met one we don't like.;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
This thread got me thinking about a new 22 bolt rifle and maybe giving NRL a try. I have an old Marlin 25, but doesn’t get shot much because the Ruger 10/22s are more fun and it has a really terrible trigger. This one peaked my interest:
https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/gary-eliseo/
That is one HELL of a rifle. I’m more of a traditionalist, but Tikka actions are very smooth and if Elisio does the work and it has a Benchmark barrel on it, it will be a laser if you use the right ammo and do your part!
I started using Benchmark barrels recently and they are simply outstanding tubes.

Best of luck on your endeavor! Let us know how it turns out!

·
808 Posts
Its a PWS T3 Summit. PWS stopped producing them close to 10 years ago at this point. Volquartsen bought the rights and started producing them a few years back. From what I understand, they are the same thing other than a spring swap and some cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
2A08CE5B-69FF-4916-BC5E-BF48D8166FD5.jpeg
I got kind of deep into .22 rifles a few years ago. Owned a small pile of CZs - best gun for the money out there. I’m down to 2 bolt guns now. CZ 452 Ultra Luxe with Brno aperture sights and a scoped Anschutz 1710. The Anschutz spoils me as it’s so beautifully made. It’s also amazingly accurate.
Other gun in the top pic is my 10/22 International. The receiver is bedded, barrel free floated, breechface has been trued, Bentz match chamber, the crown recut and it has a Kidd trigger and bolt in it. It will shoot match ammo just under 0.5” at 50 yards. I wanted to see just how good I could make a full stock Ruger shoot. Turns out it can shoot pretty darn good!
6566DEEB-47B4-46EC-B1C3-5F9C9381216A.jpeg

I’ll try and get up pics of my CZ. The Ultra Luxe is pretty nifty as it has a 28” barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
View attachment 655361 I got kind of deep into .22 rifles a few years ago. Owned a small pile of CZs - best gun for the money out there. I’m down to 2 bolt guns now. CZ 452 Ultra Luxe with Brno aperture sights and a scoped Anschutz 1710. The Anschutz spoils me as it’s so beautifully made. It’s also amazingly accurate.
Other gun in the top pic is my 10/22 International. The receiver is bedded, barrel free floated, breechface has been trued, Bentz match chamber, the crown recut and it has a Kidd trigger and bolt in it. It will shoot match ammo just under 0.5” at 50 yards. I wanted to see just how good I could make a full stock Ruger shoot. Turns out it can shoot pretty darn good! View attachment 655359
I’ll try and get up pics of my CZ. The Ultra Luxe is pretty nifty as it has a 28” barrel.
That Anschutz 1710 is awesome! CZ ain't bad either. A fellar can get pretty "deep" in .22s just like 1911s. ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well. This thread caused me to buy a Bergara B14R and a MPA comp Chassis. Going to be building me a bolt 22lr over the next month or two. Thanks guys!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now THAT is what I’m talking about! Congratulations! You are about to fall down a deep hole...and you’re going to love every minute of it! Please keep us posted. Not that you need any help, but if you want any advice, let us know!

·
старая каза
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I got kind of deep into .22 rifles a few years ago.

I'm beginning to see that myself. As handgun ammo prices skyrocketed to the point of being ridiculous this year ($45 for a box of Federal 115gr 9mm FMJ at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA), that .22 rifle I had had on the backburner for a couple of years suddenly became a priority. Shot several, decided on a Tikka T1x and promptly went out and bought a Ruger American Rimfire Long Range Target. But that wasn't enough. I wanted another .22 that was more portable than the Ruger. Started looking at CZ's and the Tikka (again) and while browsing the Anschutz eye-candy on a sponsor's site, I came across the Steyr Zephyr II and ordered one of those. WTH. I'd still like to eventually get an Anschutz and/or a Sako Quad but, I won't be surprised if I have four or five nice bolt-action .22's before it's all said and done. They're just a joy to shoot and more importantly, prevent me from dipping into my 9mm and 45 ACP stash.

·
Forgets this forum exists from time to time
104 Posts
I see I'm the first to mention one of these in this post. Ruger Precision Rifle in .22LR, took it on a trade as you see it here, Vortex Scope on it. With decent ammo it'll shoot under 1 MOA consistent.

I've had good luck with Romanian M69 Trainer Rifles, my dad still has my Marlin Glenfield Model 60, first gun I bought when I was 16.

RUGER 22 RIFLES.jpg

41 - 60 of 117 Posts