1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
specifically firearms insurance. Loss from theft, fire, tornado, flood, etc.
I was just quoted, by my Auto/Home agent $18 per $1000, and I would have to schedule each individual firearm.
I'm headed off to the scary world of the internet to do some searching.
I'll be back to see who you fella's use and/or recommend.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Curious to see what you'll find. My agent gave me a general "any firearm that can be replaced" price and I am still trying to find out if he understood when I said I was a collector and that 80% of what I have couldnt be easily replaced.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
This will be interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of rip-offs out there. Like Earthquake insurance for example.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, so far, If I factor in the amount my homeowners already covers. My current insurance is a cheaper option at my coverage amount than anything else I've been able to find.
The market appears to be for high end/high volume collectors and business'.
Edit: The downside is scheduling each individual firearm with associated accessories.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Does anyone know if Collectable covers a gun you ship in the event it gets lost or stolen? I keep meaning to call and ask them but it would be nice to know you’re insured without having to pay extra.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
But you Should document what you have in the event something bad happens.
Of course I have it documented. I have pics and a spreadsheet of everything. The point I was trying to make is that you are not turning that over to the insurance company in order to get coverage only in the event of a claim.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Does anyone know if Collectable covers a gun you ship in the event it gets lost or stolen? I keep meaning to call and ask them but it would be nice to know you’re insured without having to pay extra.
According to the policy rider you are covered at 3 levels. It depends on how you shipped it and who you shipped it with. Signature required protects you. More coverage for Fed Ex and Express mail vs Priority Mail and UPS. If no signature is required there is almost no coverage. Amounts are based on your total policy amount. I only know this because I got my renewal in the mail today. LOL

Reactions: Slapshot

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I also use Collectibles Insurance Services.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts