Liong Mah

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Flashman, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Flashman

Flashman Active Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2018
    What is the quality of these knives? I have seen them advertised in Rcoil mag. Boug Liong-Mah-Design-XV-Integral-Black-Ti-black-PVD-BHQ-82684-er-large.jpg ht one for xmas.

2. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    The knives are designed by Liong Mah in Palm Bay, Florida. From what I could find is he designs knives for many different makers like CRKT. Many of these collaborations are made by Reate Knives which is a Chinese Knife Maker. Interestingly, is the blade material is American made.

If where the knife is made is unimportant to you, then this looks like a good knife.

Below is from the link I found - https://knifenews.com/liong-mah-reate-knives/

“Everyone has their own way of doing things”
    In addition to his full-custom collaborations with various knifemakers, Mah’s design work can also be found at production companies like CRKT, who has offered many of his designs over the years. But with the Reate partnership, he has found the flexibility to bring an original design to market under his own terms. “When collaborating with larger companies it can take up to 24 months to get a product into the market. They will invest a lot of the time, energy, and money in developing the project with you and their engineers spend a lot of time getting the products into a $50-100 price point most people can afford.” It’s a time-consuming process, says Mah. “Spyderco takes the product to different shows for feedback which makes it at least a 3-year process,” he says. “Working with Reate, I have a better timeline right now. Projects take anywhere from 5 to 12 months.” The faster pace is a better fit for Mah, who has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. “I like it to be fast but I understand that everyone has their own way of doing things.”

3. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
  4. awp101

awp101 Veni, vidi sum oblitus

Jan 12, 2017
    I thought I had the knife monkey off my back but I think I should have avoided this thread...

gps man and Mike Meints like this.
  5. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I do not have one or any Chinese knives but I do know they love Reate Knives and the other higher end Chinese makers on bladeforums.com
    I have no issues with these as they are marketed as high end Chinese makers and not some sweat shop clone! Which I don’t/won’t do because of my morals!

6. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    You know you never get those monkeys off your back...

awp101 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted