1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
John 14:6
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brothers,
I would like to start listing some items that I would like to list for sale for "supporting members only". Would it be better to make it conditional that if one is not a supporting member that I will sell it to them on the condition of becoming a member and once that's done it's there's. Not sure how do do this or if it's allowed.
The purpose is not to deny anybody from purchasing these items but to encourage support of the Forum.

I appreciate any input that you all could give.
Blessing, GW

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
Your items, your rules!

Edit to add: Agree with Mike below as he states though isn’t everyone out to make money? Corp or individual, we all want to make money BUT it does seem for the most part the “Corporation” has left us alone and leaves our forum the way it was and still is.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I appreciate any input that you all could give.
Greg I just believe per our family thread where we talked about supporting or not.
We discovered that some addicts will feel the urge to become more in the forums
& become a supporting member.

Others felt they could not support due to corporate owners, who were out for profit so
why not just sell to all our 1911 Addicts?
My .02
Mike

·
John 14:6
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems lots of people who have wished you well and prayed for you are not supporting members so I say open to anybody. JMO
Great response as are all of them. Limbkiller I am humbled by your response!! I had forgotten about the corporate part.
A lot has to do with the chemo fog presently, no excuse just reality as I was infused yesterday with a new protocol. Waiting for the hammer to fall once they have defused throughout my body.
The for-sale post will be open to all!!!!
I would like to also take another opportunity to say how grateful I am for your prayers and encouragements!!!
GW

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I get why people are opposed to new corporate ownership but I think it is important for folks to become supporting members so they continue to “keep the lights on” here. I am in no way affiliated or even know the owners, my only interaction is the $25 they take from my paypal. I just want to continue to see this place operate as I quite like it here!

with that said, I think Limbkiller said it best about many outstanding members that may not currently be “supporting”

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Once the corporate take over occurred the “Supporting Addicts” tag lost a bit of importance.
Indeed. I supported the site before because I like to have skin in the game, and to help keep the lights on. This site is now owned by a media company, which is owned by a Canadian newspaper. Left leaning, I might add.

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,945 Posts
Personally, I see nothing wrong with setting up your listings for first dibs to "Supporting Addicts". Just put a time limit on that requirement. Maybe 24 hours...?

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Not for nothing but maybe somebody could tell me how exactly to become a supporting addict...been here a year and can't find a link or a how to, just saying;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Scroll to the bottom of this page, as you are reading this or any other page on this site. Lower right, bright green BECOME A SUPPORTING ADDICT NOW!

You can then demonstrate your readiness to join countless others in supporting the cause we have here on 1911Addicts.

·
Premium Member
28,438 Posts
I did my fair share of forum support over the years. Since the corporate takeover, they haven’t gotten a dime. Support one of the area shoots that members attend, support charities, corporate, Canadian company already makes money from the forum.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
I did my fair share of forum support over the years. Since the corporate takeover, they haven’t gotten a dime. Support one of the area shoots that members attend, support charities, corporate, Canadian company already makes money from the forum.
I agree and do all of that but it’s also worth the $25 not to have any ads popping up all the time. my thoughts only.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
There’s always the other fanatics site

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,450 Posts
"Keep the lights on" you need to educate yourself. This site is owned by a media conglomerate with 1,000's of websites under its control. They'd probably tell you privately they hate guns and gun owners.

If it was owned by a "guy" that needed capital I'd be all in but to give $25 to a multi-million dollar liberal, foreign media machine....yeah not me thanks

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Great response as are all of them. Limbkiller I am humbled by your response!! I had forgotten about the corporate part.
A lot has to do with the chemo fog presently, no excuse just reality as I was infused yesterday with a new protocol. Waiting for the hammer to fall once they have defused throughout my body.
The for-sale post will be open to all!!!!
I would like to also take another opportunity to say how grateful I am for your prayers and encouragements!!!
GW
They are deserved and will keep coming regardless of our forum status.

Hopefully soon Greg, you will post that you are in remission and your life can go forward with health

glws and GL with the treatment

all th e best to you and yours

mor e prayers sent

Reactions: djc and Greg6640
1 - 20 of 20 Posts