Little Article I Came Accross

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Justin_Pelletier, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I agree, carry the best you have, or the one you feel most confident with.

Raylan Givens likes this.

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Definitely

3. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    In full agreement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I have read stuff like this years ago. I have also talked to LEO's on SWAT Teams that back in the day Duct Tapped stuff to their stocks for a cheek rest and with the Liberal Judges today would have been jailed after a good shooting just for the equipment they used.

Anther one recently went to jail for a FTE Muzzle Brake.

I have heard stories of Altered or Modified guns, Re Loaded Ammo and what not will make you out to be a Serial Killer out Stocking People.

Hence I opted to have hard Sights installed on my Colt New Agent......His Gun did have any sights deal.

We have all seen a few stupid or very questionable shootings with great guns and dirt cheap guns....The issue was not the value of the gun they chose to use but there flawed thinking in my opinion.

We here most likely all carry and do so out of love of family, self and honestly Never want to even think about having to use a pistol in defense. A good many of us walk around scanning parking lots, watching people in stores and just being aware of what is going on.

If something should happen why would you not want the best pistol or rifle for the issue at hand......If you were indeed justified there should be no problem....maybe lose your hand gun for a day of two if that.

Cheap guns break at the worse possible time........I know. I have pistols that went bang once and click and others that made it to 100 rounds before going back to be fixed......

To me those 2 cheap pistols could have cost me, my loved ones or those around me their lives as they were useless in a time of need.

Karsten

5. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    In essence....this is the reason to have several handguns and rotate carrying them. Would I want any of them seized for evidence? Not at all. Do I carry some of my "nicer, more expensive" guns, no. I carry vetted and reliable guns and leave the safe queens in the safe. But that is just me. I don't have the huevos or cash to carry a full bore Wilson or Les Baer, Nighthawk, etc.

boatdoc likes this.
  6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I am [email protected] use a good reliable piece for carry. so I carry guns that work well but cost a LOT less than my prized range guns do

UBOATDOC likes this.
  7. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    That being said...you will not find me strapping on a multi colored Hi-Point. Like I have written and agree with my esteemed colleague @boatdoc....a solid J frame or a Colt Officer LW at this point. My prettier stuff like my Government 38 Superlative or Fusion Custom, Delta or XSE stay home all bundled up. And since I no longer carry Glocks...even my carry rigs look pretty good as I dont use them to hammer nails or open beers...lol

Old Sea Dragon likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted