1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just happened to come across information about a safety warning issued by Federal Premium for some of their .45 ACP ammo. The same stuff I bought four boxes of at the gun show last Saturday. I went to check the lot numbers and - they were removed from (the outside of) each box.

I sent Federal a message to see if there's any other way of identifying the production/lot. I have my doubts. No wonder I got such a good deal ($15.00 per 50). I've learned my lesson - always get a receipt and know who the vendor is - two things I conveniently ignored.

Pretty much soured on shows now due to my ignorance. I also overpaid for a flashlight. NOOB! :mad2:

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
I just happened to come across information about a safety warning issued by Federal Premium for some of their .45 ACP ammo. The same stuff I bought four boxes of at the gun show last Saturday. I went to check the lot numbers and - they were removed from each box.

I sent Federal a message to see if there's any other way of identifying the production/lot. I have my doubts. No wonder I got such a good deal ($15.00 per 50). I've learned my lesson - always get a receipt and know who the vendor is - two things I conveniently ignored.

Pretty much soured on shows now due to my ignorance. I also overpaid for a flashlight. NOOB! :mad2:

Another reason I stopped going to gun shows.

A lot of dealers have no morals or ethics when it comes to selling at a show.They think they can dump crap and move on to the next show to screw another guy.

DAT85

·
Low capacity, low tech...
4,303 Posts
What show was this at? Medina or Berea?

Most of the stuff I buy at either shows are from known dealers that have a continue appearance there.

Sorry to hear about it man!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What show was this at? Medina or Berea?
It was in Columbus at Westland Mall (C&E Gun Shows). I was specifically looking for JHP rounds (Winchester Ranger-T and Federal HST). Came across the AE FMJ and thought it was a good deal (I recently bought Blazer Brass at Gander Mt for $15.99/50). I'm not going to waste my time going back later this month (it's at Westland again) and looking up the vendor.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

Well, Federal gets my vote for customer service. They got back to me right away and said "Did you check the inside of the end flaps?" Well, no. The recall notice showed the lot number printed on the outside of the box (where it is on my HST box). Low and behold, there is was. All four boxes had the same lot and the number was nothing like what is covered in the recall!

Lucky me. Now if I could just stop wasting everyone's time here trying to get my post count up.... :grin:

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,464 Posts
Well, Federal gets my vote for customer service. They got back to me right away and said "Did you check the inside of the end flaps?"
Lucky me. Now if I could just stop wasting everyone's time here trying to get my post count up.... :grin:
Hahaha! That is funny man. Glad it worked out for you. Always had good experiences with federal. Glad you did as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats a dirty trick but with a good , safe ending !!

I`ve heard great things from Federal and their customer service , cool !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts