1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Various makes and calibers of 1911 platform
14 Posts
My wife is originally from the Covington area. I always tell people that she just wanted to marry me to get her US citizenship. No, I tell you what: I wouldn't turn my hand over for the difference between southern Indiana and central Kentucky. But this is a family feud. We can rag on each other, but woe be to someone from another state who tries to join in! ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have been born and raised here in Indiana and love the state, my girl's family is originally from Kentucky and I hale from the Fort Wayne tri-county area. I just wish the county I lived in had more gun ranges, I can only go to 1 that is within 10 miles from my home. The rest are in other counties and about a 45 min to a hour drive. I am so glad I came home back in 2003 from California.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was born and raised in Indiana.. Born on a farm in the 50's, raised in a small farm town in the 60's. Spent my youth wandering the edges of corn and bean fields, pulling weeds for my grandfather in the summer, hunting groundhogs along the ditches, and rabbits and quail in the winter. Learned to shoot, and learned to farm. My love of everything outdoors turned me to law enforcement for a career. Firearms have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Indiana has been very friendly in that regard, I've always felt free here. I would hate to see what I could become, if anything ever threatens the freedom of myself or my family.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Coyote, I agree with you, I also grew up on farms my grandfathers had farms and land I was born in the 70's and did almost the same things you speech of, hunting fishing and firearms where just part of my life and still are. We didn't need ranges when I was growing up shot on are own land. Life had no cell phones, no internet and people helped out each other a lot more. I also have thought about law enforcement since my father was a police officer when I was growing up but had some health issues and couldn't go into that.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,438 Posts
Indiana- where people with terminal illnesses go to make life seem longer.

• Haha
Reactions: Longmire

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,438 Posts
I thought that was Cleveland

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
No no no. That's where people with terminal illnesses go who want to die quicker.

Reactions: Rizzo and Jimhoag

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,438 Posts
Reactions: Longmire and Bender
21 - 40 of 70 Posts