Llama 1911 .45

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by spm, Feb 26, 2012.

1. spm

spm No name

Dec 11, 2011
    I have a Llama 1911 in .45acp that I purchased from a friend in the 70s. I have never had a problem with it. The only time it failed to cycle a new round, was one time when I limp-wristed it I read a lot that Llama is considered a jumk gun. Is this true?

2. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    :welcometo:

Let me welcome you to the forum and say that amongst 1911's,a lot of people look down at Llama 1911's as not being a "true" 1911 because of some differences in design.

Having said that,from working at a gun shop for a number of years as well as having a FFL back in the late '70's and early '80's I will say that they either run like the proverbial scalded dog or choke like the Cincinnati Bengals ! :grin:

If it runs for you, it's good for you! :thumb:

DAT85

3. spm

spm No name

Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks, DAT85.
    Like I said, I bought it from a friend in the 70s and don't think I paid $100 for it. I've never done anything to it other than clean and oil after shooting. With all the new 1911s out there these days, I've been thinking about upgrading. Maybe I will after the 100 year anniversary excitement dies down and hopefully with it, the prices. Thanks again for your help.

SPM

4. QNman

QNman 1911 Lover Supporting Addict

Feb 28, 2012
    My very first handgun I ever bought for myself was a Llama. It would eat 230g ball all day long, but wouldn't feed anything else. I mean NOTHING else. So I sold it.

Glad you got a good one.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted