close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

local gun range deaths

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 230gr, Sep 7, 2011.

1. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    wow, that's just nutty!

3. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Im guessing my "wanna go shooting" line is about to run out...

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    More ammo for the antis'.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Yep.. I'd start working on another.. Ron

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Stonewall has had a suicide there years ago and there are a few other ranges in Ohio that have had similar.

7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Yep, Target World had a suicide not too long ago. Girl went in there, rented a gun and shot herself. Crazy world...

8. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    yeah, that's one of the places i was thinking of. i know there was one in the Cinci area, one in Toledo and the one that happened here at Stonewall.

9. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Mercy!!!

10. Nick

Nick Member

Aug 22, 2011
    That's illegal in Oklahoma.

11. claimbuster

claimbuster Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Had a two similar incidents at my local range here in CO. Sure wish those folks who are so inclined would go out back and climb into a dumpster or something, because when they do it inside the range it interrupts my shooting schedule.

12. elsilrac1

elsilrac1 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
  13. Craig19

Craig19 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    :rofl2: no question the funniest thing I have read today, classic!

14. Lama

Lama Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Can I collect their brass?

15. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    My local indoor megarange has had 2 or 3 suicides there over the years.

Just a reminder to always keep your situational awareness up at all times. Who knows what someone might do before they take their own life.

16. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    One of my local ranges have had similar things happen in the past. Its yet another reason why I wish I could walk out my back door to a private range on my own property. If something like that happened while I was at the range, I have a feeling it would be the last time I'd ever step foot in the place.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  17. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Target World has had a total of 3 suicides over the years.

One of the MANY reasons that I won't go there.
    DAT85

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  18. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I don't go to ranges to shoot. Go to a WMA or a farm and shoot. Pull up set out targets and start shooting. I also like to walk along creek banks and shoot at STUFF like old cans, bottles, birds, rocks, treelimbs and sticks thrown in riffle areas. Lots of fun.

19. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The odd thing that most people don't know and thus makes it hard to spot the suicidal people at the range renting a gun is that through depression, if they reach the point of being suicidal is that once they decide to do it the outward appearance and mood changes because they've found a solution to their problem(s). That's why sometimes you hear post-event people saying Johnny seemed in good spirits in the days leading up to taking their life. This phenomenon is strange. It's not like they walk up to the counter in tears and such, very difficult to spot.

As a tech school MTL in the Air Force we had these kids trying to off themselves and check in to mental health (inpatient treatment style) and we have to attend these 4hr suicide awareness briefs every 90 days because we had to try and be able to spot them and know the subtle signs.

20. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    LOL Love it Claimbuster! lucky for us here in WV we have not had any suicides or deaths at our ranges. Atleast for the 12+ yrs I've been here! Guess us Redneck are to busy working, drinking, and hunting to think about suicide! Oh well we need population controll anyways .....

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted