Local gun shop robbed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babboonbobo, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    xerts1191 and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Chief won't comment as to whether or not an alarm wast tripped? Hmm. Well I would say either someone was asleep at the wheel or the alarm didn't get tripped one or the other. Especially if they were in there for an extended amount of time.. Crazy.. They will get caught quick. Those guy who hit that big one a month or so ago was caught almost immediately like the following day..

3. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    I hate thieves...scum of the earth in my book.

1LuvGuns, Babboonbobo and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Happening all over the country. We had three different local gun stores broke in to or attempted in the last year. All in relatively safe neighborhoods.

5. SDM

SDM Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    If I were in the business I would make sure all of the firearms were locked up in a TL-15 rated or higher safe....cameras and an alarm do not keep firearms from going out the door...Insurance companies make jewelry stores lock up their inventory on a nightly basis and gun stores should be no different.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  6. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Same in my town about a year ago. Guys actually stole an expedition with the grill protection on the front from another gun shop about forty miles away. Drove it to my town, circled the parking lot at my LGS to pick up speed and drove right through the front doors. Six perps all caught on security cameras with faces covered and all in black. They were in the store for less than 90 seconds. Giant smash and grab. Back in the vehicle and gone. Vehicle was recovered but no arrests and no merchandise recovered. Long gone shooting cops and anything else that’s in the way in Chicago within 24 hours I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    This is terrible. I think more needs to be done with security in general to prevent someone from entering the building or home. Such as armored doors/ballistic glass etc. I’m no expert on security in buildings though. I do think that the cops need to step up patrols around gun shops in general. Maybe they could catch/shoot these
    A$$holes while in the act.
    And one more thing about alarms, telephone alarms are unexceptable anymore. Alarms using cellular connections are about the most reliable and take all the guess work out of wiring them correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted