Local officer/friend killed in line of duty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deadguy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    A few of you here have seen the chat and read what has happened.

Tuesday evening an officer I call a friend was shot in the head and killed by a thug that should have already been off of the streets IMO. I have the HONOR to be able to help this family during this time with the funeral services for their beloved husband, father, son, brother. Another officer responding to the call was shot center of mass and thankfully survived because of his vest. Here is a brief summary of where we are today here in this city of roughly 30k citizens, and a background of the suspect. This is the first officer to be shot and killed in the line of duty here since 1950. The are numerous related articles as you can imagine that have run since Tuesday, but this one sums most of it up.

http://www.aikenstandard.com/local/1223-Carter-charged-Aiken-Public-Safety-officers-murder--3666481

There is another story that was published about the murderer's father, who is being held in prison now for murdering his cop-killing son's mother in 1993. I'm happy to say they may get to be acquainted with each other in prison, although the scumsucker's father is eligible for parole in March 2013, 20 years into a life sentence. Nice justice system.

http://www.aikenstandard.com/local/122311-willie-carter-murder-suspects-dad--3667696

This officer leaves behind a wife, and three sons, ages 5,4,and 16 months. His obituary is here for those who care to read it.
    http://www.aikenstandard.com/Obits/Scott-Richardson2011-12-22T19-58-30

If you believe in prayer, I ask you pray for this family and his department. Anytime a life is taken is a bad time, and with Christmas here and three young children, it is especially tough.

2. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Prayers out, Jason. Sorry for your loss

3. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Never mind jail, he should be administered justice where he stands right now, swift and final...!!!!

4. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Sorry Deadguy... I read the posted links.. horrible stuff.

5. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    What a horrible rotten situation at Christmas for all of you. Prayers sent.

6. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    The lose of an Officer is always a bad day for everyone , even more so their fellow officers and family . Prayers sent to the Family and a Known Brotherhood for the lose.

Sam

7. WahWah

WahWah Debbie Downer ... WahWah! Supporting Addict

Oct 26, 2011
    That is horrible Jason. So sorry for your loss. I will be praying for him, his family and his friends. God Bless his soul.

8. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    That is awful. :sad: The family and loved ones will definitely be in my thoughts.

9. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    My sincere heart-felt condolences to all involved.

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm sorry to hear of this bad news Jason.

11. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Just a shame stuff like that has to happen. If they would give them a quick speedy trial and hang them in the courthouse lots of that would stop. Prayers on the way.

12. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Sorry to hear, I hope his family will be okay.

13. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    :mad2: Dammit this makes my blood boil

Prayers to his family!

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    So sorry to hear of this,.......I can not find the words to express my thoughts.

15. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
    His family will be in our prayers...

GOD Bless..

16. Pangari1

Pangari1 -this space for rent- Supporting Addict

Dec 1, 2011
    How awful and sad. My most heartful prayers go out to all involved. May the Lord bless you his family and watch over all of you during this time.

17. Mstusc

Mstusc Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Just awful - been praying for him and his family. I graduated high school with Scotty - just a wonderful, great guy.

18. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    This is a very sad, sad thing, Jason... I am very sorry to hear this, and will keep all of you in my prayers... R.I.P. Officer...

19. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    So sorry.

deadite

20. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted