1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had fun at this local USPSA match in Single Stack. Managed to also beat the Production guys (my usual division) and get the top Locap placement :p We did get rained on a pretty good amount unfortunately so gotta clean the gun and make sure I don’t get any rust.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Olds, thanks for posting - always fun to watch these. There was one stage there where I thought you were using 10rds magazines but last stage I clearly see lock backs at 8. Just curious, are you using any 10 round magazines?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using 8 round mags. In USPSA Single Stack division you can shoot major or minor power factor. .45 is major (assuming it’s not loaded light), and for major the capacity limit is 8. Alternatively you can shoot minor (9mm would be the typical choice for minor), and the capacity limit for that is 10 rounds. I’d be interested to hear which stage you thought this happened on, it makes me feel a little better about my slow reloads LOL

Olds, thanks for posting - always fun to watch these. There was one stage there where I thought you were using 10rds magazines but last stage I clearly see lock backs at 8. Just curious, are you using any 10 round magazines?
Cool! I don’t really shoot IDPA but I think this match has been good in the past from what I’ve heard.

Nicely done....I am working on a little something for the 2021 TX State IDPA Match for Collin County....

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Haha, i think it was Stage 3 where I miscounted your shots. Can you top off the gun at the start? Maybe the 9th round threw me off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it’s ok to top off the gun (and usually dumb not to in Production and Single Stack because of the low capacity). The rule is no more than <whatever the capacity limit for the division is> rounds in the magazines after the start signal. So on loaded starts you have a round in the chamber and a full mag for Single Stack. For Production where the limit is 10 rounds but the guns almost all hold a lot more than that, everyone just puts 11 rounds in the first mag (assuming it’s a loaded start) so once loaded you have 10+1 after the start signal.

Haha, i think it was Stage 3 where I miscounted your shots. Can you top off the gun at the start? Maybe the 9th round threw me off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts