close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Login issues

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Quack, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    It appears that when logging in, you may get an error for an invalid link.
    Try logging in again. We are working on trying to find the cause of this error.

2. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I have spoken with VBulletim about this and it is a known problem with the new version. The reason you get the error is if you don't put www. in from of the domain. For example, make sure you type www.1911addicts.com not just 1911addicts.com. If you have the forum bookmarked or in your favorites, makes sure the link has the www. in it.

3. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I believe the cause of that error is coincidental with trying to log in at the EXACT same time that the forum-board does it's "Auto-Save"

I've had a few other "minor" freezing issues that I believe are related to the same thing, including when cut/pasting the image links while adding to the "post your pics" threads (including one TOTAL "not responding" freeze that required me to go to Task Manager and End Task to afford a program exit)

It looks like right now, it's set to do an auto-save approximately every one minute.

I've been around forum boards of every kind since "the beginning" including being a simple member, mod, global mod, admin and site-owner and this is the first I've seen with this "Auto-Save" feature (well, at least a VISIBLE one, and this often) and I've never seen one at all as an admin or moderator.

As a simple "member" - I see nowhere that allows me to "adjust" this feature on my own - or to disable it.
    I think that function is probably at a mod or admin level.

I've also watched it cause a few other "flukes" including (but not limited to) - movement and locational re-placement of the cursor; shifting the entire "text" reply area up or down while not even touching the keyboard; freezing/spacing/paragraph-shifting while trying to "place/utilize any of the BBcodes (i.e. B, I or U) causing line-breaks, sentence-break as if starting a new line rather than auto "word-wrap" to the next line - etc.

Honestly? Although an "auto-save" is a nice thought - it's one we can live with out..... I learned LONG ago to do my own "saves" without glitches caused by a board auto-save feature.

NOTE: I experienced ALL of the issues described above ( with the exception of "freezing" ) while typing this post - it's pretty annoying.

Is this a feature that can be easily turned-off or disabled??

Sorry Quack - you asked.... lol.

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    i just disabled auto-save

5. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    well lets see if that works I'll type a detailed posted using as many functions as I can and see if the screen/text area still bounces around.....

Let's see if a few things work including bold, italics, underline - and of course COLORS without having all the "glitches" I was getting before.

Although it doesn't show, I've been typing and using BBcode for more than 5 minutes now (did some deleting, no point boring the world - yet lol) and not ONE of the previous glitches that I mentioned in my previous post has occurred.

Coincidence? Maybe - but I don't think so....

After reading the post from the Admin about this being a vBoard, I'm now SURE that the "auto-save" was the issue - I'm EXTREMELY familiar (fairly near "expert" lol) with vBoards from being owner/admin on a few of them since they came out.

Again - now at the 8 minute point and still not a single issue or rather... vBoard "nuance" lol.

I think that was the issue. We'll see.

[​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted