1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around on the net for a set of stag 1911 grips and found this small company, Lone Star Grips. Looks like a one-man shop, retired leo. Anyone here make any purchases from this business and if so are you happy? He's running a good sale through Christmas right now.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,891 Posts
No personal experience with any purchases, but I've seen some positive reviews of his grips, and usually if you cannot instantly find a bunch of negative stuff, you can pretty much guess that most who have dealt with them have had positive results.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,738 Posts
I got the mammoth ivory grips for my Colt 191A1 Compact Meltdown from him a couple of years ago, nice guy, great products.

ETA: To clarify, these came from Lone Star Custom Grips, not sure we're talking about the same guy. Either way, he has a few nice sets of stags for sale on his site.

20180501_151119.jpg

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Looking around on the net for a set of stag 1911 grips and found this small company, Lone Star Grips. Looks like a one-man shop, retired leo. Anyone here make any purchases from this business and if so are you happy? He's running a good sale through Christmas right now.

Yup Mike is good folk . . .

Colt Stag Grips - 04.JPG

Colt Stag Grips - 02.JPG

Colt Stag Grips - 06.JPG

·
Deo Volente
7,306 Posts
Reactions: WC145

·
Get off my lawn...
14,928 Posts
I bought a set of stag grips from him about a year or so back. He does great work, but I think your correct on the one man show. So be patient. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish, and would use him again. I'll post some pictures to follow.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Got these Ram’s Horns from Lone Star Stag...as was said he is a one man show so PATIENCE is the key word. If you are in a hurry or needing them by a certain date, best to contact him before ordering to verify he can meet your expected delivery. He does good work though at a fair price (really good prices if you catch a sale) and turnaround time was still a lot faster than many custom grip makers.

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Got these Ram’s Horns from Lone Star Stag...as was said he is a one man show so PATIENCE is the key word. If you are in a hurry or needing them by a certain date, best to contact him before ordering to verify he can meet your expected delivery. He does good work though at a fair price (really good prices if you catch a sale) and turnaround time was still a lot faster than many custom grip makers.
Those grips just really set that gun off IMO! Love the look!

Reactions: 41 Charlie
1 - 20 of 31 Posts