1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locally a guy has a Guncrafter Frag and a Turnbull SA. Both full size and both in excellent condition. Both priced the same.

I’m not super familiar with either. Since they are priced the same, is one a better deal than the other?

When a Turnbull is based on a Springfield, do you still get a custom frame to fit?

Does Guncrafter use their own frames?

Any help is appreciated. Buying a new house or I’d go after both.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I love Turnbulls finishes but the guncrafter is the go to out of these choices. Both of my frags are some of the nicest guns I've ever seen and I have had a bunch to compare. Fit and finish is fantastic and both are absolute lasers.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,016 Posts
Not even a comparison. Like asking if you should take a Zamboni or a Vette to a street race.
Grab the Frag.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Is the Springfield a custom build or just a nice Turnbull finish?

If it’s a relatively stock Springfield with just a finish then go with the Guncrafters.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,981 Posts
GI’s - the least ink but the best performance.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Sir. Told my friend about it and he never heard of GI. He thought it was a “Glock I” model.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,016 Posts
Yes, Sir. Told my friend about it and he never heard of GI. He thought it was a “Glock I” model.
Was in a gunshop in Grand Rapids about 4 years ago when I overheard a guy ask one of the clerks what 50 GI meant. The store had a Glock with a 50 GI conversion on it. Clerk said, "It stands for Glock International". Now normally I hold my tongue, but this time I asked the clerk where he heard that from and he said he didn't know where he heard it from, but that that was what it stood for.
So, I just calmly explained to the customer that it actually stood for Guncrafter Industries and then talked to him about the proprietary 50GI caliber. Clerk just sorta walked away knowing he was full of ****.

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,204 Posts
Second the GI frag recommendation. Mine are my favorite 9mm and 10 mm 1911’s.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Turnbull I'm sure looks nice but the Frag will more than likely shoot nicer.
I'd invest in the Frag.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just looked at this gun again today. Couldn’t find a blemish on it. I’m sure I could get it for $2000-2200.
Maybe I’ll look at it again tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts