1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any once fired 44 mag brass, preferably the same headstamp.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have sold all but one of my 44 mags, I will look later this afternoon to see what brass I have as I did not get rid of any
Pistol brass is not as important to me as rifle brass. Most of my brass will be mixed but prolly can find a few hundred new or once fired all same mfg

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.44 mag once fired is tough to find. My suggestion would just be to buy some new Starline Brass. It's good stuff; this what I did for .357 mag as I found that difficult to locate also.
Yeah , that's my next step.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have sold all but one of my 44 mags, I will look later this afternoon to see what brass I have as I did not get rid of any
Pistol brass is not as important to me as rifle brass. Most of my brass will be mixed but prolly can find a few hundred new or once fired all same mfg
Thanks , let me know when you have a chance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought Starline for the 44 in my avatar because I couldn't find anything else. Great stuff though and will last essentially forever. It's usually cheapest to buy directly from their website unless you can find a sale.

One of the really nice things about revolvers is that you're not chasing your expensive brass all over the floor!

·
Angry Infidel
509 Posts
.44 mag once fired is tough to find. My suggestion would just be to buy some new Starline Brass. It's good stuff; this what I did for .357 mag as I found that difficult to locate also.
X2!

Or you could just shoot 44Spcl and save a beating....:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or you could just shoot 44Spcl and save a beating....:D
I actually went the other way. When I got my 629, I bought 500 rounds of Starline 44 Mag brass. I use that brass for both my 44 Special and 44 Mag loads.

If you do this, keep in mind that you'll need to bump up your 44 Special load a smidgen due to the increased case capacity of the 44 Mag cartridge.

·
Angry Infidel
509 Posts
I actually went the other way. When I got my 629, I bought 500 rounds of Starline 44 Mag brass. I use that brass for both my 44 Special and 44 Mag loads.

If you do this, keep in mind that you'll need to bump up your 44 Special load a smidgen due to the increased case capacity of the 44 Mag cartridge.
True, you could also try a different powder like Trail Boss which is great for calming down some of those big boys.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts