close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a gun safe... help please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dgi, Sep 13, 2011.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    My Basspro safe is getting smaller by the day, i hate manual combination locks and its not even fire rated.

Im looking for a fire rated safe, digital lock, big enough to hold all my guns (currently 4 long guns and 5 pistols) as well as family valuables, and im not looking to spend a fortune.

Please provide some links or manufacturers names to research. Also, cheap places to buy would be appreciated.

DGI

2. Bumper

Bumper New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I personally have an American Security (AmSec) which I believe is considered a middle-of-the-road "residential security container". They're available in a variety of sizes and I believe the prices start around $600 and go over $3K. The fire rating is of no concern to me personally, as in any significant fire, the contents are going to be cooked beyond
    salvage. Prevention of the "smash and grab" theft is my goal, and in my view, any of the moderately priced "RSC's", properly anchored, accomplishes that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

3. Rimcrew

Rimcrew Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Watch craigslist as used safes pop up there pretty regularly. Costco also has decent deals on middle-of-the-road safes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted