1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here running an AR10? I'm looking for something in the $1200 - $1500 range. I was looking at either the M&P10 or the Aero Precision M5E1 but I'm open to just about any brand. Looking for picatinny rail but wouldn't mind MLOK either. This whole panic makes me see the value in more of a DMR setup in addition to my AR15. Something along these lines is what I'm looking for:

·
The Tinker
3,340 Posts
Why not assemble your own? Putting one of these together is nothing compared to a 1911. ;)

I built my Juggernaut Tactical on a 80% frame, but they sell fully machined ones as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not assemble your own? Putting one of these together is nothing compared to a 1911. ;)

I built my Juggernaut Tactical on a 80% frame, but they sell fully machined ones as well.
I was reading that because there's no official mil-spec for AR10s, compatibility between brands can be tricky. I'm definitely not opposed to it, I would just have to research more.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Aero in your price range.
And Aero upper/lower if you’re building.

Don’t cheap out on BCG.
You’ll regret it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Compatibility with widely available bolt/handle parts is an issue, but Savage MSR-10 with it’s shorter receiver is what peaked my interest.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Suggest you stick with “full size” upper/lower.

DPMS tried that. Great idea; smaller lighter, blah/blah.

I bit. It bombed.
ZERO aftermarket support; barrels, CHs/etc.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Obvious problem with the AR10 platform is lack of a SINGLE blueprint, like AR15.

the 2 major players seem to be “DPMS pattern” and Armalight.

It’s difficult for me to keep track of who’s who and what’s what.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
It’s DPMS pattern from memory Kip.

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Suggest you stick with “full size” upper/lower.

DPMS tried that. Great idea; smaller lighter, blah/blah.

Are you talking about the Springfield Armory 308? I was wondering if you could swap a better barrel in there if you wanted better accuracy.
I bit. It bombed.
ZERO aftermarket support; barrels, CHs/etc.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts