1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. My carry permit was just approved. I know off body carry isn't ideal and it won't be the regular for me but sometimes it will be necessary. I don't like sling bags. I'm looking for a smaller backpack with padding for a tablet for work, up to a full size 1911 but down to a p938, a small IFAK, 4.5"x6cx8.5",and maybe a water bottle and a couple other things. Anyone have something along these lines? I'm the buy once, cry once type but understand that I may have to cycle through a few to find what I'm looking for. Thanks.

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,498 Posts
Just to see the wide selection that’s available, check out the backpacks that Optics Planet has available. Name brands and you can filter your selection criteria. You wouldn’t typically think of them for backpacks (at least, I wouldn’t) but it may give you a good idea.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duchess' pack would be a bit much for what I'm looking for. I'll check out optics planet. Going to be working out of town for a few weeks this month and off body is the only way I'll be able to carry.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Not sure if this is small enough for you, but it’s not an overly large bag either. It is high quality, and makes for quick access of items. A person can conceal a small pistol up to a telescoping mp5k in the “rapid access” compartment. With a little practice, I can be carrying it over both shoulders to being on target in under 4 seconds with the mp5k. Not saying I actually carry this bag around in that manner, but it’s nice to have the option. I just used the bag for a carryon this past week for flying, and when jammed full of other stuff, that rapid access area worked great for sliding an Ipad in.

https://vertx.com/edc-ready-pack

Use code warpoet for 25% off.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts

·
Angry Infidel
509 Posts
I'll go X2 on the offering from LL Bean. Depending on your situation you'll want something that screams "sheep" while able to hide in plain sight. Along with the ability to carry immediate need items. I actually use one of my sons old school bags for a 60 min. pack. Extra ammo, trama kit, energy bars, H2O and some simple tools ( multi tool, leatherman, Gerber etc. Heavy medical shears, duct tape, zip ties and 550 cord.). This is the time allotted to either get back to my battle rattle and long gun or to someone else's until I can get to mine. ;)

·
NRA Endowment member
3,149 Posts
The NRA gave one out a few years back that suited me very well. Not too big with tablet computer pad and other storage compartments.
Called Ridgeline Tactical in black.
Currently not available on the NRA website but , some can be found on eBay.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not sure if this is small enough for you, but it’s not an overly large bag either. It is high quality, and makes for quick access of items. A person can conceal a small pistol up to a telescoping mp5k in the “rapid access” compartment. With a little practice, I can be carrying it over both shoulders to being on target in under 4 seconds with the mp5k. Not saying I actually carry this bag around in that manner, but it’s nice to have the option. I just used the bag for a carryon this past week for flying, and when jammed full of other stuff, that rapid access area worked great for sliding an Ipad in.

https://vertx.com/edc-ready-pack

Use code warpoet for 25% off.
That's a pretty slick pack. I've taken a couple of classes with John, also, and if he's done a video recommending it I feel confident it's quality.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Mike at Last Line of Defense has done a number of reviews on his YouTube channel on the Vertex range (slings and packs). They have dedicated ccw compartments. He also has a 25% coupon code (I think it’s “LLOD”).

Biggest challenge I have had with off-body ccw is finding a good holster to fit the bag. Most are simple straps (eg Maxpedition) and don’t secure the weapon enough or cover the trigger IMHO. Some companies are starting to make kydex rigs with one side flat and with Velcro backing.

I use the MilSpecMonkey wrap holster in my Kelty sling bag (which would be too small for your needs and it’s a sling not a pack).

B867C23D-7C9D-4589-A7D2-82DFE60BB1A6-4790-000005F0FCC2141D.jpg

https://milspecmonkey.com/store/464-thickbox_default/msm-wrap-holster.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Check out Maxpedition as they back a pack, pouch for just about anything possible or Voodoo Tactical has a good selection ass well.

Karsten

·
Registered
494 Posts
GPS backpack
I have a GPS Handgunner pack. Not really a CCW pack but it's great for taking 3-4 pistols to the range. I wish the top compartment was a bit bigger for carrying ammo, otherwise it's excellent.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a couple Maxpedition sling packs designed for quick access concealed carry. Very well made pieces.
Yep, Maxpedition quality is awesome, but with a price tag to match. Also very tactical-looking, unless you go for their new grey-man range. Their sling bags are almost too good, I load in too much gear and then suffer when hauling it around !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts