Looking for a 'Unicorn" belt - 1 1/4" money belt

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by 12VMan, Nov 24, 2018.

1. 12VMan

12VMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    My EDC includes a Bullhide Belts leather money belt to support (usually) a 1911 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I love the money belt, as it allows me to always have some cash with me, along with photocopies of my DL, CWP, and the front pages of my passport.

Unfortunately, I have to dress up occasionally, and my belt is brown, casual, and 1.5" wide. I have been searching in vain for a black 1.25" dress belt that:
    1. Has a money compartment, and;
    2. Will support a holstered alloy-framed 1911, plus all the stuff in my pockets (cell phone, knife, flashlight, wallet, spare magazine).

I can find 1.25" gun belts, or 1.25" money belts, but not a 1.25" gun money belt.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find such a beast, or a craftsman willing to custom make one (preferably without a 6+ month wait)?

2. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I might be able to help you out with this. I wouldn't call it a unicorn belt but just finding the right person to make you what you want.

3. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Try Rob Longenecker at Tucker Gun Leather. He may be interested in the exercise! All he can say is no! He's a good guy to deal with.

[email protected]

4. tokuboi69

tokuboi69 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Also might try Brad Farnsworth from Bear River Holsters, in Tremont, UTah. He makes some fine holsters, and belts for a reasonable price too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. 12VMan

12VMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    OK, belt ordered. I'll post an update when it comes in.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted