Looking for runners concealed carry options.

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by Descartian, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    So I’m thinking of getting back into running again (long hiatus after back injuries).

I’m looking for holster options to conceal a micro 9 or Wilson Super Sentinel. I’m 6’00” 180lbs with what I would call a slim midsection, 32” waist. Attire would be running shorts without a belt and a T-shirt. I sweat a lot as I live in hot/humid Houston.

I’m not into fanny packs. Is my only option a belly band? If so what make/models do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
    Steve

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    PewPewPtwang likes this.
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018

3. RN47

RN47 I'm just here for the gas. Supporting Addict

Feb 22, 2018
    Hmm. Concealed while running. Tough one. There is a company called 2Aholster that makes some cool stuff- (www.2aholster.com) but running concealed, in Texas, offers a unique challenge. PPPT might have the best solution.

[​IMG]

xerts1191 and BenchMonkey like this.
  4. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I like how their description says that their neoprene material will keep you cool in any weather. Neoprene is about the least breathable material out there. But for only $20 it might be worth a shot (no pun intended).

studenygreg likes this.
  5. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    That dude sweating looks like me after 2 minutes in the heat.

xerts1191 likes this.
  6. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Been using a Hill People Gear Runners Kit Bag (chest rig). I love it...

7. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Are you running in an urban environment or out in the country? What kind of concealment constraints are you up against?

8. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    I would swear a lot too, if I lived in Houston - nobody can blame ya there!

rmac and PewPewPtwang like this.
  9. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
  10. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Thanks a lot Iphone..... Fixed it. I do swear a lot because of the sweating though.

11. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I’m pretty much downtown so heavily populated urban environment. If I was rural I’d just open carry. I live in a very liberal (for Texas) city and do not want to frighten any snowflakes with my evil assault pistol.

12. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I like chest rigs but they might be a bit much for exteme heat running. More like rural hiking. Plus a bit too tacticool for urban attire. Plus I have a couple Maxpedition gearslingers that fill that role. I’m looking for something more discreet.

PewPewPtwang and Jollyroger1 like this.
  13. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Packin T, but I would use a G43 and not a Sentinel

5d28156c-a844-409a-acdf-906c48170743.jpg 1cfaaf1d-3c2e-491c-b48f-bb44acc297f4.jpg

xerts1191 and FWoo45 like this.
  14. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Yeah, everybody knew what ya meant; just poking a little fun. I lived in Houston, but for less than a year, before exchanging it for Austin. In the summer, Houston is like a sauna - you could count on a brief down pour everyday about 4 o’clock. The humidity would load up during the day and just dump it when it hit a certain saturation point. [Of course, that’s an exaggeration.... but not by much!]

15. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    The neoprene does have ventalation holes, and there is some wicking fabric that sits between you and the neoprene. That said, you will still get sweaty under the belt.

The problem with some of the other belly band designs which don't use neoprene, or some other type of stiffener, is that they have a tendency to fold over on themselves, and they don't distribute the weight of the pistol very well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  16. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Easy! Don’t run;) I can’t/won’t
    (bad knees because of 270lbs and 30 years standing on concrete floors at work)

Just kidding do what ya gots to do but azguy1911s rig works well.

FWoo45 likes this.
  17. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    I'd start by solidifying your pistol choice. Personally I'd go for the lightest gun you can comfortably handle, shoot accurately etc. For me that was a kahr 380, it's silly small and light. Still I'd say light first, then size, then sort out the holster. A belly band is an option, I also carry appendix with a kydex holster and drawstring shorts.

The listed t shirt holster seems like a good option.

18. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    The pistol will be either my micro 9 or Super Sentinel.

Kydex on a drawstring is not going to cut it, no support.

19. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    You have a myriad of options. My top two are:
    For me, the best option (as I've done this running) was a Camelback. Not only did it hold water for the run, but it had a pocket i could put a S&W 642 in. I had to cinch the shoulder straps down tight to keep it from flopping around a lot and use the chest strap. But, it worked.
    You can get a weight best and use the molle to hold the pistol in a concealed flap. I do runs with a weight vest and a couple of 13# cast iron weights, and there's a couple places to put a pistol if I wanted.

The other option might be a 5.11 Holster T.
    If you go that route, whatever gun you get, I'd send it to Robar to have the NP3+ treatment done to resist corrosion from salt.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.53.02 PM.png

FWoo45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted