Looking for USGI 1911

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Bzamora, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Bzamora

Bzamora New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Does anybody have a lead on places to look for genuine GI .45 autos? I'm looking for a Remington Rand or Ithaca, original condition. I've been hitting the local fun show for the past several months, but they have nothing but junk. I'm also really nervous about Gunbroker. Any reputable dealers who engage in the business of buying and selling them? Thanks!

2. Bzamora

Bzamora New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Well, with a bit of searching I found a few (way overpriced) shops that often have them (Simpson and Collector's Firearms), but I'd really like to know who else exists. Anybody?

3. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    look for a reputable dealer on gunbroker.

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

First off.......:welcometo:

If your looking for a GENUINE WWII 1911.get your wallet loaded up and ready to go.

The 2 shops you listed are companies which get a lot of product,but are not cheap.If you REALLY want to get a G.I 1911,be prepared to pay.
    I would suggest hitting the gun shows in your area before buying sight unseen off of the 'net for a collectors grade G.I issue 1911.

And,these are guns that require the buyer to have some knowledge of what they are buying.Provenance is a must.Papers to prove the gun is what the seller says it is,is a must.

Lots of fakes out there and I personally don't know of any other specific sites to refer you to other than the ones you listed.

Take your time and be patient when you search.

DAT85

5. Bzamora

Bzamora New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Thanks, like I said I've been hitting the local show since last fall, but nothing decent has shown up. Garage put-togethers for $2000, sure. Gunbroker has them, but nobody uses clear pics which makes me wonder what in hell I'm even bidding on. I just figured a proper dealer would at least have a return policy if it isn't what they advertised. I've got a copy of Clawson's book so I know just enough about them to be dangerous. But I'm not looking for anything unique, just a plain vanilla G.I. .45 auto.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. 1563621

1563621 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I just stumbled on a very nice US&S for 1800 at a local gun store.

7. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I had the pleasure of handling a mint condition Singer the other day. There's just something about them, that words...at least mine, can not describe. In the past, I've also had the pleasure of visiting a private collector, who had the largest collection of older 1911 I ever seen. O'he boy ! If only those guns could talk.....can you imagine that.

8. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    A real Singer, very cool! Few people will ever see one in person, let alone touch one! :thumb:

9. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mint Singer!!!! WOW Sounds like a great day!!!

10. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I have seen several beauty's at the South Florida Fairgrounds .. They demanded premium prices....

11. gmcdaniel1964

gmcdaniel1964 New Member

Mar 30, 2012
  12. 1563621

1563621 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    pre 98 antiques. Has some nice ones!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted