https://cajungunworks.com/product/cgw-custom-cz-1911a1/

grrrr...can't seem to grab pics....

Description
  1. NIB, CZ 1911A1, forged frame and slide
  2. Finished in classic hot salt blue and is flawless in every respect
  3. Slide stop is one-of-a-kind item cut from a solid piece of 4140 steel
  4. Extractor cut from a solid piece of billet steel
  5. Beavertail is custom-cut from a solid piece of 4140 steel
  6. Sight base is custom-cut, does not use a dovetail, uses a Kensight fully adjustable blade unit
  7. Mainspring housing is cut from a solid piece of 4140 steel
  8. Disconnector is custom-cut from a solid piece of 4140 steel
  9. Barrel bushing is custom-cut from a solid piece of 4140 steel
  10. Sear is from Evolution Gun Works
  11. Magazine release is from Evolution Gun Works
  12. Frame and mainspring feature 25 lines per inch precision machine cut checkering
  13. Slide is ball cut
  14. Barrel is crowned
  15. Barrel/slide muzzle front cut to be perfectly true
  16. Grips are custom machined one-of-a-kind
  17. Hammer is a custom made CGW part
  18. KKM Match Grade SS barrel
  19. Barrel is fitted to perfection for absolute lock up and consistency
  20. Magazine supplied is the original CZ factory magazine
  21. Springs are USA made music wire
  22. Gun case is a flawless, one-off, hand-built using walnut, the finish is hand-sanded, and the interior is fitted to the pistol and velvet lined
  23. The solid brass plate fixed to the top of the box is laser engraved
  24. A signed letter of authenticity is included

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Will go check it out. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my sig "1911." CGW get great reviews and I'd really like to Cajunize a p-01.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That was 100% built by Brandan Bunker. He built 2 of them for CGW and they had them both for sale on Gunbroker at one time. The "fancier" of the 2 sold immediately. I cant believe that they don't mention Brandan as the builder.
This made me look for 1911 services on their site, there were none, of course, for the above reason.

this thing is really nice, though. Shame they can’t put credit to whom it is due.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,482 Posts
Looks nice but almost $5K from somebody not known for their 1911 work - hard pass for me
The build has Bunker Arms written all over it. Also on the engraved plate ;)
That was 100% built by Brandan Bunker. He built 2 of them for CGW and they had them both for sale on Gunbroker at one time. The "fancier" of the 2 sold immediately. I cant believe that they don't mention Brandan as the builder.
I am fairly certain @Bunker Arms

Edit: this is a bunker built gun. Total d bag move that it’s not listed as such.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I clearly remember following those builds, and they were built by Brandan at Scott’s request. This is the other of the 2 builds. You’ll notice Brandan’s hammer, rear sight base, and signature beavertail style. He also redid the factory cocking serrations. This one sold on Gunbroker right away and if I recall, sold for around $7500. I think these builds were completed around March of this year.

36DFD3C8-C3E6-4AB0-BCB0-DFE8DF91BDFF.png

·
2,482 Posts
I clearly remember following those builds, and they were built by Brandan at Scott’s request. This is the other of the 2 builds. You’ll notice Brandan’s hammer, rear sight base, and signature beavertail style. He also redid the factory cocking serrations. This one sold on Gunbroker right away and if I recall, sold for around $7500.
View attachment 655443
Right on, so did I:).

With that said, I just talked to Bunker, he built this gun. Total **** move by these guys. I have no idea what they are thinking.

·
2,482 Posts
I heard Scott is no longer with CGW... just an FYI.

Reactions: colrhino
1 - 16 of 16 Posts