1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an email from Turners...a large chain of sporting goods and guns. As of tonight they are making no new appointments to sell guns or ammunition. This is based on the California and Los Angeles "Orders" that prohibit all non essential travel, limiting it to travel for food, medicine, or essential work. Turners is honoring gun delivery (after the 10 day waiting period) purchased through today, but will not be selling any more starting tomorrow. Same with ammo. Anyone know of other stores following this policy?

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,169 Posts
Yeah I saw earlier on my news feed they were on lock down. It’s crazy but you got to do what you got to do.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,169 Posts
I been thinking the same thing but my company is a 24/7 365 chemical company. I don’t know what they have in place but shutting down isn’t and option.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While under lockdown in Los Angeles, I've been enjoying the world of gun videos on YouTube. Historical stuff, lots of ballistic tests, how to videos...all very educating. Today I was looking for things to learn about my recently bought M1 carbine. One video broke down a semi auto M1 and a select fire M2. There's actually only five or six parts that makes up the difference between the models and anyone could install the changes themselves, assuming the parts were available. I'm guessing the hardest part to find would be the operating slide which has a addition feature for the select fire mode. My own M1 has the pot bellied stock with relief cut out on the left side of the wood. This model stock was the Type V, and was used on all M1 and M2 after it was introduced. The "pot belly was to add strength to the stock that was lost when the relief space was cut away for the select fire lever. While I would never make the select fire modification to my M1, its nice to know how.

·
Banned
824 Posts
While under lockdown in Los Angeles, I've been enjoying the world of gun videos on YouTube. Historical stuff, lots of ballistic tests, how to videos...all very educating. Today I was looking for things to learn about my recently bought M1 carbine. One video broke down a semi auto M1 and a select fire M2. There's actually only five or six parts that makes up the difference between the models and anyone could install the changes themselves, assuming the parts were available. I'm guessing the hardest part to find would be the operating slide which has a addition feature for the select fire mode. My own M1 has the pot bellied stock with relief cut out on the left side of the wood. This model stock was the Type V, and was used on all M1 and M2 after it was introduced. The "pot belly was to add strength to the stock that was lost when the relief space was cut away for the select fire lever. While I would never make the select fire modification to my M1, its nice to know how.
This is something to do if you've got some time off work at home. I really enjoy the Forgotten Weapons channel, lot's of interesting stuff on there.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LA County Sherriff has allowed gun stores to reopen, calling them "essential." I'll hit my local stores in Burbank tomorrow and see if I can get some more ammo...not because of the virus, but because I was going to buy it before the shutdown. I think Trump is right that if things continue as they are, that we can begin reopening parts of America and the economy. We can practice more selective quarantines as the incoming data gives us more information and a better picture of the risks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts