1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt Commander, (LW) with a Serial Number which indicates production during 1949. The piece is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. It has been fitted with a Barstow barrel and bushing and a pair of Colt, smooth, medallion stocks. Otherwise all is stock. No Box or Papers. Can the more enlightened among you please educate me in regard to collectible value. Personally, I really like the gun and I have no immediate intention to Trade or Sell it but would like to know a little more about it.
Many Thanks to all who care to respond.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The SN on this piece has no suffix or prefix and consists of 4 digits 25XX. According to the Colt SN online look up this SN places it in 1949 Production. Perhaps like FN and Browning, Colt SN data is a little "goosey"?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
The only Colt Commanders that I am aware that Colt manufactured until 1970 were the Lightweight Commanders and other than the first 64, all had a “-LW.” suffix. What do the rollmarks on the right hand of the slide say? Do they say “COLT’S MFG. CO. HARTFORD CT. U.S.A.” or does it say “COLT’S COMBAT COMMANDER”?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.