1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this do? Better ejection? Helps with stovepiping? Was thinking about getting this done on one of my slides but would like to know how it helps.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! But I am wondering what the befits would be in doing this?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,894 Posts
What does this do? Better ejection? Helps with stovepiping? Was thinking about getting this done on one of my slides but would like to know how it helps.
This cut aids in cleaner and more consistent ejection of not only spent cases but, live rounds. The 1911 was never really designed to eject a live round from the chamber, I.E. a misfire, or a bad primer etc.. in an unlowered and unflared ejection port will not eject a live round. Especially when you get to the upper end of oal.. It also ensures more accurate and consistent ejection.. Much more beneficial in a .45 acp, 10mm Etc.. But, many 9mm also could use this feature as well.

·
The Tinker
3,601 Posts
In addition to what Steve said, I prefer to have my brass ejecting sideways out of a 1911 type, and tune them to drop my brass in a small area so I can retrieve the brass easier.

Also, back when we started putting those red dot 'tubes' (some 40mm) on top of a 1911 it was necessary to have the brass eject more horizontally to prevent the brass from hitting the scope mount and possibly causing issues while shooting a stage.

Just some additional info. :)

Reactions: B81
1 - 6 of 6 Posts