Lowering ejection port

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by acesover, Jan 7, 2019.

1. acesover

acesover Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2018
    What does this do? Better ejection? Helps with stovepiping? Was thinking about getting this done on one of my slides but would like to know how it helps.

2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

3. acesover

acesover Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Thanks! But I am wondering what the befits would be in doing this?

4. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Non of you aren’t having any issues.

But it does allow for more consistent and reliable ejection.

Mike Meints and Kip like this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    This cut aids in cleaner and more consistent ejection of not only spent cases but, live rounds. The 1911 was never really designed to eject a live round from the chamber, I.E. a misfire, or a bad primer etc.. in an unlowered and unflared ejection port will not eject a live round. Especially when you get to the upper end of oal.. It also ensures more accurate and consistent ejection.. Much more beneficial in a .45 acp, 10mm Etc.. But, many 9mm also could use this feature as well.

6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    In addition to what Steve said, I prefer to have my brass ejecting sideways out of a 1911 type, and tune them to drop my brass in a small area so I can retrieve the brass easier.

Also, back when we started putting those red dot 'tubes' (some 40mm) on top of a 1911 it was necessary to have the brass eject more horizontally to prevent the brass from hitting the scope mount and possibly causing issues while shooting a stage.

Just some additional info. :)

PewPewPtwang likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted