Lt. Col Allen West on Gun Control Measures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Bit disillusioned with the ol NRA.
    They add fuel to the fire quite often.
    Could have easily kept the 2nd Amendment off most agendas,putting more focus on crime and mental illness.
    But....their business is tied to gun control.
    Much like Capitol Hill,they've forgotten who they work for/represent.
    I see much more effort in "fundraising" than Constitutional Rights.
    Find the scare tactics distasteful.

2. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Even though I’m an Endowment member of NRA, in recent years I’ve taken pretty strong exception to the annual salaries paid to their top brass. I think it’s borderline disgraceful especially in light of the NRA’s lack of participation in lawsuits designed to STOP infringement! (I tend to financially support GOA more at the present time).

But I gotta say, any ex-Army Officer that’s bold enough to have ‘Molon Labe’ tattooed on his arm has got my vote to continue as an NRA Director!

1L26, 1911fanatic, UBOATDOC and 3 others like this.
  3. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    GOA all day! No compromise!

4. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    The NRA def has issues. I too see more fund raising than results, and a lot of effort that doesn't seem focused in the right place politically. I feel they do a lot more positive than negative, but a lot of the positive stuff isn't in the political arena.

I think what's happened politically is that the opposition has shifted tactics and the NRA is poorly equipped to respond. Bloomberg and the anti-gunners have figured out they can't make much progress at the national level, and they lost a lot of ground at the State level in the last 30 years.

So they've put the bulk of their money into States now, where the NRA is poorly structured to respond.

The NRA needs to recognize that its battle has largely moved to the States and it needs a better State-level ground game.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012

Agreed. As a life member, I do not have a problem with e money I paid for life membership, but choices they have recently made as well as lack of action on their part also means no more money from me until they get their house and agenda in order. They may not agree with what guns or accessories I have or don’t have, they just need to stop compromising and push back. After all, does the NRA support all gun owners or specific gun owners in specific states based on how mean the AGs are.

I understand they have a limited budget, but funnel half the resources used for mailers and repeated robocall’s and put that into defending 2A and you are on the right track.

1L26, boatdoc, rmac and 1 other person like this.
  6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    GOA all the way. I still give the NRA-ILA a bit but the GOA among a couple others keeps their mission simple--protect our rights--period

7. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    We have to keep a "not one more inch" mentality, at this point the NRA doesn't share that view. They make way too many compromises.

Kip, boatdoc and UBOATDOC like this.
  8. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    They seem to be reacting to the crap being slung about their advocacy and trying to both stay in the fight and come across as a "reasonable" group. I am concerned that they are a little/partially onboard with this "common sense" control measures......total BS. No crimes committed with guns ever get better with the relinquishing of Constitutional rights of legal and law abiding citizens and this needs to be repeated every damn day.

boatdoc likes this.
  9. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    dimentocraps are using their usual BS--smoke and mirrors-- say they want universal BGc...but nothing about mental illness status checks. (again protecting their mentally ill and felon voters) sooooo it is total bs. we have BGC already--duh. proves that their voters are absolute morons to believe in any of this bs

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted