1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My go to ammo source is TargetSports USA but they were out of Federal AE 124's 9mm so I ended up at Lucky Gunner for the first time in maybe 2-3 years, bought 2,000 rounds and today I get an ID request to email, fax, upload or text a current and valid state ID.

While fundamentally I don't have any issues cause I have nothing to hide and I'm not breaking any laws has anyone else had this at Lucky Gunner, SGAmmo or Bulk Ammo, etc?

I did buy some 38 Super from LAX Ammo a while back and they wanted a DL scan but I figured that was because they were in CA.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
There is no reason why they should need your ID. Maybe contact them and ask why.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
Time to roll your own:)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
My first order years ago with SG Ammo I had to provide a picture of my ID, never since. I'm assuming it was in accordance with some law in the state they operate or due diligence on the part of a lawyer for the litigious times we live in. Either way I'm with you I was a little put off but didn't keep me from purchasing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
My first order years ago with SG Ammo I had to provide a picture of my ID, never since. I'm assuming it was in accordance with some law in the state they operate or due diligence on the part of a lawyer for the litigious times we live in. Either way I'm with you I was a little put off but didn't keep me from purchasing.
That's weird. I can't remember ever having to provide ID to SGAmmo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have had really good experiences with lucky gunner, theirs has been the one of the only ammo sites whose customer service that has not made me want to pull my hair out. I know that here in Illinois they legally have to have my FOID card on file to ship me ammo- if you are in a state that doesn’t have that requirement I would just contact customer service.

·
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really care and I already sent off my DL, it's just been about 6-8 months since I bought any ammo because I was overstocked and knew in the last 3-4 months of 2019 I was going to shoot a whole lot less cause of my condo renovation.

I just didn't know if things had change in the last few months.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have never provided a picture ID for ammo. It’s not required in SC, and I never intended to supply that much personal information to anybody unless required by law. Many IDs have names, addresses, birth dates, social security numbers and drivers license numbers on them.

Provide the info too often, and soon you will find a loan, 2 or three credit cards, and a bogus bank account are tacked into your life. The bill collectors will start calling, a lawsuit will follow, the sheriff will show up with a judgment, eviction notice and a pair of cuffs on a fraud charge. You will be thrown in a jail cell with no notice and find you are now visiting Harvey Weinstein. And, that’s before the really bad things start to happen. All because you copied your photo ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Did you accidentally tell them you live in my commie state of CT? We have to provide them with our permit for ammo. Interesting that they may be expanding this request...

·
Registered
473 Posts
the government itself will likely never be in the gun grabbing business, there are other ways to curtail the practical usefulness of firearms - drying up ammunition being one of them. Or making the sales of such so onerous that businesses can't possibly comply with all their own state laws, much less those of destination shipments. I anticipate that the day of Internet purchasing of ammo, firearms, etc., is at its high point and we'd best enjoy - and stock up - while we can.

If you want a good read on how things could go, get "The Washington Decree" by Jussi Adler from your library or your preferred source. Read it. Then spend a bit of time really reading between the lines of today's political candidates -those who want to win an office, and those sitting in the seats of power trying to hold onto said seat. It's an eye opening book.

Fiction....of course.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Being in this craphole state. (Illinois). I have to provide a copy of my FOID. Firearm Owner Identification for you freedom loving people that don’t have to deal with this .

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I have had really good experiences with lucky gunner, theirs has been the one of the only ammo sites whose customer service that has not made me want to pull my hair out. I know that here in Illinois they legally have to have my FOID card on file to ship me ammo- if you are in a state that doesn’t have that requirement I would just contact customer service.
New Jersey is the same thing, to ship ammo they need a copy of my FPID, not sure why they would ask you if you're not in a state that requires it. Eventually I think they are going to stop online sales in NJ altogether, it just doesn't stop.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My go to ammo source is TargetSports USA but they were out of Federal AE 124's 9mm so I ended up at Lucky Gunner for the first time in maybe 2-3 years, bought 2,000 rounds and today I get an ID request to email, fax, upload or text a current and valid state ID.

While fundamentally I don't have any issues cause I have nothing to hide and I'm not breaking any laws has anyone else had this at Lucky Gunner, SGAmmo or Bulk Ammo, etc?

I did buy some 38 Super from LAX Ammo a while back and they wanted a DL scan but I figured that was because they were in CA.
I just bought 1,000 9mm rounds from them last week and had no such request

·
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It could had been that I change my billing address, credit card on file and password all on the same day as buying the ammo. Maybe that set off some red flag.

I'm surprised that TargetSports is out of so much when Bulk Ammo and Lucky Gunner seem to have good stocking levels

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Alright well I heard back from Sam @ SG Ammo and he said his records show he never requested ID from me so I must have provided to somebody else...I had no intention on sullying his good name so public shaming and apology inserted here, he did also say that Texas resident ammo sales are anonymous so there's that.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
living in CT--I am used to this request from EVERYONE

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I've used SGA for several years, the only document I had to provide is my Sales Tax Exemption, no photo on that, just a number

1 - 20 of 22 Posts