1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised (see thread on Robar closing here) http//www.1911addicts.com/threads/robar-gunsmithing-closed-my-experience.78809/

Quick recap- commissioned a full custom build at Robar a few months before they closed down. Was done right by everyone involved. No complaints- stand-up treatment all around. Thanks, Col. Blish and Tyler Jones (now @Havok_Customs).

Jim Gritus and Marty Enloe (Gritus Precision and @enloemarty) took the Caspian 9mm slide and LW frame that I had ordered through Robar at the beginning and built a BADASS little Officer.

Jim and Marty were absolutely amazing to work with- I could not have asked for a better experience with my first full custom build. Especially since it started out with what could have been every customer's worst nightmare. I actually had a lot of fun emailing and talking to them over the course of this build, and I'll definitely call them when I get some money saved up.... I already have plans for a .38Super upper for this gun!

It's exactly what I wanted. A "Retro-style" carry gun. Classic lines, everything fit for me. So if you're not into the style, cool. I absolutely love it!

Caspian frame and slide, Bar-Sto barrel and bushing, Wilson Combat BP parts, including Concealment BT safety and hammer, W/C ignition, 10-8 sights, front gold bead, Grieder trigger, W/C flush magazines, all finished off in Nickel Teflon, with a set of Cherokee Hills Exotic Organic Stippled slim Ironwood grips (Thanks, Bob @Gripwright!)

The only part I sent in was an old Hogue aluminum Arched MSH, and that's because I'd ground it to fit my hand and to make it point just right for me. Jim and Marty cleaned it up and stippled it to match the front strap.

Without further ado...
IMG_20200401_094503_01~2.jpg
IMG_20200401_094450_01~2.jpg

I'll have a range report up as soon as I can... This Covid Homeschooling is a [email protected]!

I fully expect it to run like an industrial sewing machine. Fit is excellent, no play in anything, and lockup is glass-smooth and rock-solid. Besides, I know Jim and Marty shot the hell out of it already.

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Kablamo UncleCharlie! Looks fantastic! Looking forward to your range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,584 Posts
Looks great, congrats!

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
That is some of the nicest looking stippling I have ever seen. Beautifully done pistol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts