1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one of these on a tv gun show last week and started looking them up for extra info.
Kinda has me drooling a bit.
Anyone know much about these? Thanks

Some pics...
C132F128-7537-41A0-8DB8-2A2C8055E81A.jpeg

BB49FADC-BDC9-4BAA-8FDF-64C821456544.jpeg

And one with an optic and a can taken from a YouTube video.

F9384D6B-E794-4DA6-96C9-D47167D40AA0.png

25 rounds of .45 ACP sweetness. :cool:

·
Vendor
1,443 Posts
TRRK TRADING has had a few of these in inventory and sold them all. We kept one as a demo for a few weeks and put several hundred rounds through it. It's a great gun but we prefer the B&T APC45 to the LWRC SMG. The B&T APC45 is less expensive and we feel better made. We don't have a bias towards one brand or another but after handling and shooting both guns the B&T was our preference. Only drawback to the B&T is the magazines are expensive.

B&T APC45.PNG

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,000 Posts
LWRC- Love it. Solid as a brick; awesome recoil abatement through the delayed blowback and the fact I can use ubiquitous UMP mags. I have fed it everything from +P 185 gr, to handloaded 200 gr LSWC and 230 gr ball and it didn't skip a beat.
Did a mag dump with my TiRant 45 on it and had 0 gas in my face. My MPX SBR gasses me up so bad that my eyes water and I have to stop a mag dump after the 15th or so round. Still really like that MPX, though.
You can drop in any AR trigger and the controls are very familiar to anyone who shoots ARs.
Is it pricey? Yes, but I can honestly say it's worth every dime. When you pick it up you can feel the heft and solid build.
The one and only drawback I have found is that it has the HK style paddle release for the mag. But, that's probably the only way they could use UMP mags.
I've owned a number of LWRC rifles and have found them to be... okay. Nothing special, even their pistons (I prefer LMT). But this, well, LWRC really outdid themselves.
My Tommy Tactical buttstock adapter comes in tomorrow and I'll be putting on a 6 position buffer tube and a Minimalist Stock. Will take some pics when I've got it together tomorrow.
So, do I recommend it? Hell yes I do. I had originally put in for the B&T and after trying to find an adapter for the damn proprietary tri-lug (not the normal H&K one) to fit my can, I said screw it and went with the LWRC which has a normal pitch on the thread. I don't regret it at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just read some reviews on the B&T and none were flattering.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I’m more impressed by what I’ve heard and seen si far on you tube about the LWRC.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,000 Posts
Let’s not forget that the SMG is modular and as more calibers come out, you can swap.
Fingers crossed a 10mm is on the near horizon.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I’m a LWRC. fan boy but I’ve heard less than flattering things about that gun. @RangerTrace (trusted member of multiple forums) had one and sold it quickly due to reliability problems. His reviews on BEnos are what steered me away from buying one.

·
Super Moderator
13,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m a LWRC. fan boy but I’ve heard less than flattering things about that gun. @RangerTrace (trusted member of multiple forums) had one and sold it quickly due to reliability problems. His reviews on BEnos are what steered me away from buying one.
Can you post any links?

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,000 Posts
I read his review. I found it odd that there was a quiet time between when he got it, had issues and then sold it. If I had a new gun, was raving about it and then it turned into a lemon, I’d let people know instantly.
In any event, it’s a sample size of one. I haven’t heard any other complaints or bad reviews. I’m going to take mine to the range and put pressure on the mags to see if it jams. I had zero issues (nor did the 3 people at C2 range that asked to shoot it), so maybe he got a bad one. Dunno. Even a Glock has lemons.

·
Super Moderator
13,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read his review. I found it odd that there was a quiet time between when he got it, had issues and then sold it. If I had a new gun, was raving about it and then it turned into a lemon, I’d let people know instantly.
In any event, it’s a sample size of one. I haven’t heard any other complaints or bad reviews. I’m going to take mine to the range and put pressure on the mags to see if it jams. I had zero issues (nor did the 3 people at C2 range that asked to shoot it), so maybe he got a bad one. Dunno. Even a Glock has lemons.
You’re giving me hope brother!
I found the link from BEnos forum and kinda thought it went from hot to cold in a very fast and unexplained way, which cast a shadow on his review IMO.

Please keep up on the range reports, or maybe start a new thread on it.
Jam VERY interested in this gun! :)

·
808 Posts
I was pretty interested in this gun ever since they announced it. The fact that its not a simple blowback design is nice, the design seems pretty robust, and I like the fact that it shoots an inherently sub-sonic round.

I *think* LWRC said they were going to start producing their own mags at a reasonable price compared to current UMP prices, or partner with some OEM that can do it for them.

FWIW, it seems like most first gen LWRC designs have teething problems but they are generally good about updating things quickly.

Right now I want a PCC and my decision is between the LWRC and an MPX. Looking forward to seeing how these fare in the coming months as more people start getting them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think that they look cool, but I’m just not really seeing the utility in it.

If you just *want* it, then no amount of reasoning is going to get in the way of that. We all want things just because we want them, and that ok, as long as you can afford it.

But I’m not really seeing the point of PCC’s in general, seeing as how none of us really have access to full auto versions, which is where they shine (and why they were designed).

What exactly is its purpose?

Hunting? That’s almost laughable.

Home protection? There’s about 100 other options for guns that can realistically be used in the unlikely event of a home invasion while you’re home. Most notably, whatever you keep on your nightstand or on your hip.

Most people aren’t serving warrants and clearing rooms all day. If you are, then there may be some utility, but for regular civilians that just isn’t a typical roll that we fill.

Knowing all of that, an AR-15 with 5.56 can serve as a coyote gun, medium range target gun, bunny buster, general use truck gun, etc...

With a relatively inexpensive 300 BLK upper, you get the same “utility” as the SMG at a fraction of the cost, while still having the ability of being converted back to 5.56 and having use outside of the gun range.

This board is filled with people that have expensive tastes in firearms, and safes full of guns that get little use, and that’s totally their prerogative. But personally, I like firearms that have some sort of usefulness beyond being a range toy. And while you can carve some sort of niche usefulness need for an SMG, you’re probably going to be stretching reality a bit.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Home protection? There’s about 100 other options for guns that can realistically be used in the unlikely event of a home invasion while you’re home. Most notably, whatever you keep on your nightstand or on your hip.
I have a SIG MPX PCC as one of my bedside firearms. 81 rounds at my disposal topped off with a Leopoldo DPP. You can shoot a PCC much faster and more accurately than a pistol. Plus the extra range capability and velocity are pluses.

With a relatively inexpensive 300 BLK upper, you get the same “utility” as the SMG at a fraction of the cost.
I live in a densely populated urban environment. I have to worry about my neighbors. Although I own a couple 300whisper/BLK’s but they are not suitable for my needs. There’s too much risk of hitting a bystander or doing damage to property.

·
Super Moderator
13,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell, I just got the new gun itch I guess.
I know this is a .45, but I’ve already got a CZ Scorpion that I LOVE! :)

So that base is really already covered.
If CZ ever starts making a Scorpion in .45, then I’ll be on it like a hobo on a ham sammich! ;)

11F8265B-7245-4BA6-ACC6-780C7D13BC62.jpeg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a SIG MPX PCC as one of my bedside firearms. 81 rounds at my disposal topped off with a Leopoldo DPP. You can shoot a PCC much faster and more accurately than a pistol. Plus the extra range capability and velocity are pluses.
Like I also said, in order to justify it, we have to go into the realm on unrealistic.

What sort of range capability is needed in a house? We are talking about a few yards here. Sure, a PCC might be more accurate and faster, but you’re talking about extreme fractions of a second, where, unless you’re a drug dealer having to worry about getting robbed by a rival gang, you likely won’t be observing several split times.

It also, likely, won’t be a sustained firefight where 81 rounds are going to be counted on.

Any risk of hitting a bystander with 300 BLK is going to apply to 45ACP, or 9mm, which also go through walls effectively.

So if the OP wants to buy a $3,500 PCC for the highly unlikely scenario (unless he’s an active gang banger) of having his house broken into by several people while he’s at home, that’s his choice. But, I think the money is likely better spent elsewhere, as the situation is a stretch.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,000 Posts
It's hard to justify the utility in having more than one pistol and one rifle. "Need" is a slope of slipperiness in dubious exercising.
I would rather have a PCC in 45 and/or 9mm over a 5.56 or 300BLK for SD for a couple of : 1. Noise. I've shot SBRs inside and the noise level is intense as is the flash. Well beyond what a PCC will put out. 2. If you're not using a SBR, going around corners and trying to not knock into stuff, especially in the dark, is no fun. For anyone who's done house clearing training, you know what I'm talking about. 3. 9mm is a LOT cheaper to shoot and practice with. I built my first PCC with that in mind so I could train my wife on the AR platform, while having lower recoil and a much reduced cost.
I agree that 99.99% of the time it's going to be used for range shooting. But, so is ever gun you own. Anyone on this forum ever use their nightstand/carry pistol on an intruder before? Simple statistics say you haven't.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts