1911 Firearm Addicts banner

M1911 Military National Match

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  41 Charlie 
#1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a Camp Perry National match pistol. I don’t know much about these, other than what parts, stamps and serial numbers should be on it, so I was wondering if they are prized collectibles and what an approximate value would be.

I don’t have pictures yet, but I have inspected the gun and it’s original and in great condition. It’s obviously been fired at the matches and is reworked from a service pistol. It’s a 1962 rework built on a US&S frame. It has all the correct national match parts,stamps and serial numbers.

Since these are hard to come by, only a couple hundred a year at most were sold, I didn’t know if their was a collector market for these. I was going to buy it because I’d like to shoot it, but I don’t want to get into another genre of collecting, so I was going to flip it later. I’m not looking to get rich off this,I just want to break even. They’re asking 2500. Also included are ten boxes of .45 national match Ammo from 1964-65.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Can’t get any pics for a couple days.

#2 ·
The Springfield Armory NM pistols were rebuilt at the end of every year so that next years competitors would all have the latest upgrades, so many were sold that had not been fired since rebuild. Some bought them and kept shooting them, and some put them up and never fired them so it is possible to find them in unfired condition.

For a pistol that shows use $2500 is top dollar, but the ammo helps some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.