1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Block I clone I have so far. It’s all Colt from the 14.5” barrel to the N1 stock and FCG. The only thing wrong so far is the lower which I have a PSA M4A1 lower on the way until I can get a Colt one. That’s also a KAC RAS, VFG, and Rail Covers with Vero Beach markings. The last pieces are the CompM2 with Wilcox mount and I’m waiting on my buddy to get back to send me a Matech rear sight.

·
Banned
144 Posts
The SOPMOD stock really only existed on Block II weapons. The ACOG you are probably thinking of is the TA01 ECOS which did exist in "1.5" but still no SOPMOD stock. The TA01 can be clone correct for a Block one, but in the black configuration with the top iron sights, also known as the TA01 NSN. The ECOS was the bronzey color ACOG with the red dot sight on top. As far as issued gear goes, by the time SOPMOD stocks were issued, most of the rails would have been swapped out for a Daniel Defense RIS II and likely a Eotech. So il duce's config is correct once he gets the Aimpoint+Wilcox+Matech.

Now all that being said, things got changed around a lot to operator preference, so you can really see a mashup of different Block phases, but to have a SOPMOD stock on a RAS equipped M4 would have been kind of far apart on the timeline to happen.

Also, those pony stocks were often swapped back from the SOPMOD stock because the SOPMODs are pretty heavy and bulky. You even see the CAR-15 on MK18s and MK12s of all phases.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the M4A1 Block I done. Everything is Colt aside from the lower which is a PSA M4A1 lower. It’s also rocking period correct Comp M2, Matech rear sight, and Vero Beach marked KAC furniture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.