1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been looking for few years to find a set of vintage Mad Dog GunGrips. In their day (mid 90’s) they were quite unique and hard to find, made with some space age composite material and had a ‘so called’ indestructible nature. They might be made out of some special G10 (or even just ordinary G10 :) ) but back in the day they were pretty unique. Kevin McClung ‘aka Mad Dog’ also used this material for his knife handles.

I used to own a pair of these GunGrips years ago, as well as a number of Kevin’s more famous MD Labs ATAK knives. I foolishly sold all of them off in one of my gear purges. This pair of GunGrips that I recently found have a slightly modified profile/contouring and I’ve read that Steve Morrison (when he was working with Kevin McClung at MD Labs) did this on a few of their ‘hard use’ pistols. This particular pair came off a Chuck Rogers build. They are mounted on my GI ‘no name’ now; gives it a vintage look with the vertical slide serrations. Just thought I’d post these if they are Addicts interested, or had never seen a pair before.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Those are gorgeous grips, and they look amazing on that GI.

I love the FCS on that build. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Sneaky One

·
Registered
79 Posts
Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pearl Pimp
2,644 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. I have always disliked front serrations, until I saw your GI. Very nicely done, sir!

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Man that sure is a fine looking pistol and grips!:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts