close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag pouches...

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by Trent, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I am looking for a singe and double mag pouch for CC. What are you guys using?

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I have several singles (Tucker, Sparks, CC holsters, etc..) the Tuckers carry closer to the body, the Sparks are the nicest and Carl's (CC Holsters) has a full length shield that I like for driving and siting. All my Tucker stuff is belt loop, so they naturally hold in a little tighter I think.. I like the build quality and design of the Sparks, but it needs a shield.. Ron

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Raven Concealment

4. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm using a Crossbreed IWB. It's fairly comfortable and conceals very well.

5. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    I'll give a +1 to the Raven pouches. The IWB clips work great for easy on/easy off and hold nice and tight. They are all I use for my 1911 mags and double stack P30 mags.

6. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Although I don't carry a 1911, for me, concealment and comfort are both big deals.

Unless I'm out to dinner or going to some other kind of event where I must "dress like an adult," I'm usually in an untucked T-shirt, and I prefer to have leather against my own exposed skin.

The XDm's magazine is large and bulky - especially when I use the full-size magazine grip extension with my Compact - but I carry it really comfortably in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB magazine pouch. The extra leather over the top makes all the difference.

Sure, it's not a speed rig, but the need to reload (on a pistol that's already 13+1) isn't my true priority for carrying the spare mag: it's more the fear of malfunctions...and for that, I'd either already be bleeding out on the ground, or else should have high-tail'ed it to some kind of cover to work the problem.

Certainly, any day where I'd have to draw my concealed handgun would be a bad, bad day...but the day that I'd actually need the ammo count of my spare mag? that's probably going to be the Zombie Apocalypse - so I bias it towards concealment and comfort.

7. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    It's called a front pocket :grin:

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Georgia mag pouch... hahahahah.. Ron

9. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I use a leather double pouch from El Paso Saddlery Co. I originally got it from Cheaper Than Dirt (one of the only good deals from them) and liked it so much I bought a second one from them. I don't see it on their website now but if you find one, I would definatly give it a try. Holds the mag very tight to the body and the tension for how hard they are to remove is adjustable.

This was the CTD link to the pouch. Original price was under $20: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LEG533-1.html

Normal price directly from the manufacture is $36: http://www.epsaddlery.com/c-59-automatic.aspx

You can see the pouch in the upper left of this picture which I've posted all too much. I need to take a new one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  10. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Occidental OWB. Me likey and looks good with the VM2. :thumb:

[​IMG]

11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Bianchi IWB for me... but I replaced the metal clip with a belt-keeper. Those metal clips will eat holes in your shirts!

[​IMG]

12. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ That's a great tip - I hadn't even thought about that, as none of my carry rigs now have a metal clip....

My T-shirts all have holes on the sides from my pocket knives and flashlights. :lol:

13. rick458

rick458 New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I carried a Sparks IWB double but honestly unless it was positioned perfectly it was not comfortable

[​IMG]

14. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011

This. Although, a nice leather one is on a want list.

[​IMG]

15. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Leather is for old people and hillbilly's! your just fine with what you got!

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Yep.. We like-um... My friend Carl Collins (CCHOLSTERS) is going out of business and he told me that he had numerous single stack mag carriers still in inventory. He also has a few Holsters left. Chechen is website CCHOLSTERS.com and look at the announcements page..Ron

17. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    TTGunleather mag holsters. The matching single and double are IWB and the sweat/rub guard works very well. The dual OWB has sharkskin for wear protection. All fit well, but I find that the double mag holster has a better feel for me when using my IWB for my EMP... kinda like a matching footprint or back belt, pressure seems more evenly spread.

[​IMG]

18. doc.lonestar

doc.lonestar Texas CHL Instructor

Sep 11, 2011
    I used to make a more intricate mag carrier but found that most of my clients wanted something much smaller for pocket carry. I came up with a simple fix and have been going this route since.

The Cage IWB OWB Elephant.jpg

19. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    From Seth's gun leather:thumb:
    [​IMG]

20. Retired

Retired New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've tried several different mag pouches. All of them are functional, but the most comfortable for me is the Milt Sparks D-4C double pouch with snap loops. It rides high, so the bottom of the mags don't dig into my hips; the snap loops hold the pouch slightly away from my waistline, so I don't need a sweat shield and can easily grasp the mag for loading.

I've also found that a double mag pouch carried on the opposite side of a holster actually increases the comfort of the entire rig. My most comfortable rig for a 5" 1911 is an IWB holster at 8 o'clock (I'm left handed) plus the OWB D-4C at 4 o'clock.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted