1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what many of you use daily for a mag pouch/s. I’m shopping for one. Single, double, vertical/horizontal...not sure what I want and would love to hear from y’all.

Slainte

·
We Are!
2,911 Posts
I use Sparks S4-Cs or a Magholder, LLC horizontal carrier from time to time. My most oft-used pouch, though, is a Sparks IWB double pouch called the IPD.

I blathered-on at-length about this pouch here:

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/milt-sparks-ipd-double-magazine-pouch.50583/

Today, the pouch looks a bit more weathered than it did in these shots - like I said, it gets used by far the most.

1FFD8D48-9623-4D66-A608-00EBD1AD4004.jpeg
58BDA933-F9DF-4812-A8E7-5766036F8A45.jpeg
1CB40BDA-4C15-4ACB-8A9C-EB51A07CB795.jpeg
0A917BD2-EFF8-495B-8F40-BBDBA5C19C14.jpeg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Although I prefer leather for a gun holster; I'm not particularly a fan of leather mag holders.

For 1911's, my current favorite is the Blue Force Gear Double Pistol Belt Pouch. They also make a single pouch version.

It's extremely light, thin, and comfortable and still holds the mag securely. It probably won't last as long as kydex or leather; but the price is so low that even if I replace it every 2 years I'm still money ahead. My current set has been used every day for almost a year now with no signs of fatigue.

p.s. those leather ones shore are purdy though!!!! Very classy looking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,523 Posts
Last Christmas, a year ago, OpticsPlanet had some of the canvas style mag holders for ridiculously cheap pricing. Heavy canvas, well made (I’m sure China); offered in single, double and triple holders. I bought a selection of them and was very pleased with their design/style and quality. The OD Green was $4.41 and the Coyote Tan was $8.82 - shipping was free since these were ‘adders’ to a holster order.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Although I prefer leather for a gun holster; I'm not particularly a fan of leather mag holders.

For 1911's, my current favorite is the Blue Force Gear Double Pistol Belt Pouch. They also make a single pouch version.

It's extremely light, thin, and comfortable and still holds the mag securely. It probably won't last as long as kydex or leather; but the price is so low that even if I replace it every 2 years I'm still money ahead. My current set has been used every day for almost a year now with no signs of fatigue.

p.s. those leather ones shore are purdy though!!!! Very classy looking.
Another vote for the Blue Force Gear pouches.

I use G-Code poly carriers at the range, but find they hold the magazines too high for daily carry, and they constantly dig into me. The BF pouches sit lower on my belt, and also the magazines sit deeper in the pouch.

I always have two singles on my belt, and being elastic can fit a variety of kit. Right now i have a magazine and a Leatherman, some times will have a Streamlight.

IMG_5418.jpg

I also have a few of the double pouches, great for keeping a pair of magazines in a cargo pocket or backpack.

IMG_4476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts