Magpul PRS Adjustable Stock

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by simonp, Aug 1, 2020.

1. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Curious if anyone is running a Magpul PRS gen 2 or 3 stock on their rifle? Like hear thoughts and feedback if so. I am considering one for my service rifle build.

2. bdickers

bdickers Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a PRS stock on one of my AR's. It's a very nice looking stock, very adjustable, well built and rock solid when installed.

simonp likes this.

3. Mack01

Mack01 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    I have the Gen 3 on my 6.8 AR and I like it. I'm 6'4" and it is adjustable enough for me to get a solid, consistent shooting position.

FWoo45 and simonp like this.
  4. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    I think the Gen 3 is a good upgrade over the Gen 2. Less weight, slightly more adjustability and the Gen 3 is easier to swap between different setups, if necessary.

For the PRS in general: They are heavy compared to an adjustable buttstock, so I think they are a bad option for an AR with 16" or less barrel. If you want a rock solid fixed stock with great adjustment for cheek height and length of pull, the PRS is the best option.

FWIW, I have a PRS on my wife's 20" ar15 build and she just uses it for plinking on the range. I've gravitated towards a Magpul CTR/ LaRue RISR combo on my 5.56 and 308 ar's with magnified optics.

5. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Whatcha buildin Simon?

6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I have a gen 3 PRS on my LR-308 and my RPR, and they work well for me.

7. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Thinking of using it on my 20” service rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I've got the LaRue on my Grendel, PRS on the Creed. Not sure what gen. I'll look when I get home. Pretty happy with em both. Great cheek weld, set it where you like and forget it. It's nice to have it adjustable on the buffer tube. Might be over kill on a 20" 5.56. Got a Sopmod on mine with a stick on cheek riser that works pretty well.

simonp likes this.
  9. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Let me know which LaRue you have. I really like LaRue products- didn’t think about them for a stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Sorry, hurried response as I was sitting down to supper, LMT DMR, not LaRue. My PRS is the gen3. Like em both. Probably like the PRS a tiny bit more, not much though.

simonp likes this.
  11. Bubbalee

Bubbalee Member

Aug 1, 2020
    PRS is a good stock, I have one on a 308 and it's stone solid.

simonp likes this.
  12. seagiant

seagiant Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi,
    I'm tall so I love them.
    Have one on my 308 and my AR 15 build.
    pp1 (2).jpg gg2.JPG

Bubbalee, FWoo45 and simonp like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted