1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone is running a Magpul PRS gen 2 or 3 stock on their rifle? Like hear thoughts and feedback if so. I am considering one for my service rifle build.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Curious if anyone is running a Magpul PRS gen 2 or 3 stock on their rifle? Like hear thoughts and feedback if so. I am considering one for my service rifle build.
I have a PRS stock on one of my AR's. It's a very nice looking stock, very adjustable, well built and rock solid when installed.

·
859 Posts
I think the Gen 3 is a good upgrade over the Gen 2. Less weight, slightly more adjustability and the Gen 3 is easier to swap between different setups, if necessary.

For the PRS in general: They are heavy compared to an adjustable buttstock, so I think they are a bad option for an AR with 16" or less barrel. If you want a rock solid fixed stock with great adjustment for cheek height and length of pull, the PRS is the best option.

FWIW, I have a PRS on my wife's 20" ar15 build and she just uses it for plinking on the range. I've gravitated towards a Magpul CTR/ LaRue RISR combo on my 5.56 and 308 ar's with magnified optics.

·
The Tinker
4,254 Posts
I think the Gen 3 is a good upgrade over the Gen 2. Less weight, slightly more adjustability and the Gen 3 is easier to swap between different setups, if necessary.

For the PRS in general: They are heavy compared to an adjustable buttstock, so I think they are a bad option for an AR with 16" or less barrel. If you want a rock solid fixed stock with great adjustment for cheek height and length of pull, the PRS is the best option.

FWIW, I have a PRS on my wife's 20" ar15 build and she just uses it for plinking on the range. I've gravitated towards a Magpul CTR/ LaRue RISR combo on my 5.56 and 308 ar's with magnified optics.
I have a gen 3 PRS on my LR-308 and my RPR, and they work well for me.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
I've got the LaRue on my Grendel, PRS on the Creed. Not sure what gen. I'll look when I get home. Pretty happy with em both. Great cheek weld, set it where you like and forget it. It's nice to have it adjustable on the buffer tube. Might be over kill on a 20" 5.56. Got a Sopmod on mine with a stick on cheek riser that works pretty well.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me know which LaRue you have. I really like LaRue products- didn’t think about them for a stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Sorry, hurried response as I was sitting down to supper, LMT DMR, not LaRue. My PRS is the gen3. Like em both. Probably like the PRS a tiny bit more, not much though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts