1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Addicts ,

I'm not real experienced about magwells and I have 3 Nighthawk's that I want to put magwells on. I hear lots of talk and good things about Chen SI magwells but my question is since these will be going on NH firearms will I get a better fit and finish match going with NH Falcon magwells?

Thanks for any help or/and opinions.

Jim D.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I like the Stan Chen SI magwells a lot. That being said, the Nighthawks are great as well. I think you'll get a better "semi-blended" fit with the Stan Chen out of the box, but the Nighthawk would be near perfect, IF you sent the gun back to be fitted for one, and custom blended.

Price: Stan Chen

Blended fit paying extra: Nighthawk

Also, the Nighthawk mag with the extended baseplate does not quite fit in my Stan Chen magwell.

You can't go wrong with either.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,573 Posts
I have both.
I am not a fan of the Nighthawk one piece magwell.
Hope this is helpful.

Nighthawk Falcon with blended 1 piece Falcon Magwell.
Brown Gun Firearm White Tan
Metal Gadget Grey Communication Device Iron
Brown Maroon Metal Peach Silver
Purple Lavender Violet Musical instrument accessory Silver

You will notice the stock Falcon came with full sized grips and the magwell if
designed for thin grips.:confused: where as the Stan Chin SI magwell fits full thickness grips perfectly.

Nighthawk Classic with a Stan Chen SI magwell.
Brown Yellow Gun Firearm Ammunition

Metal Gadget Everyday carry Material property Silver
Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Metal Guitar accessory Khaki
Metal Silver Outdoor shoe Bronze Walking shoe

If ordering a new gun, I’m specking out a blended Stan Chen magwell.
However, if it’s an after the build add on, I’m going with the Chen SI magwell.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
A few things I've found with researching and obviously using various Magwells. The NH Magwells are set up for slim grips. Standard grips will over hang the sides a little and the tangs tend to be a little on the short side.

Stan Chen SI blends quite well out of the box with many firearms. And the Tangs on these tends to be quite long and often could use shortened a bit. ( lot easier to take metal off than put it on. And the SI is set up for standard thickness grip panels. Just some general info. Some may not be aware of.

It appears that DWE'S pics verify this.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I have the same issue with the NH mag-wells, they are narrow and you must run thin grips. I wished I had known this before ordering some grips from VZ. I'm thinking of looking for someone with a belt sander to take these down an 1/8th and make them fit better.

Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
what do you mean the "holes" are cut for standard bushings? Swap the bushings for thin ones and why wouldn't the grips work/fit ?

Reactions: Integrity Arms
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.