1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be mailing my soon to be sbr lower across state lines for the engraving. Do I have to submit the 5320.20 to do this or should I pay my local FFL mail it to the engraver (also an FFL holder [ not sure what class]).

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,453 Posts
Not a SBR until it’s engraved

Reactions: Zero1911

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,453 Posts
Engraving is not an option. If you want to put a buttstock or vertical grip on it (well, depending on overall length), it has to be engraved therefore finishing the process.
Even after engraving you can still switch it back to a rifle or pistol (pistol only if it started life as a pistol or blank lower, if it started as a rifle you can not make it a pistol), you just have to send the BATFE written notification

·
Registered
149 Posts
Make sure to use a well known engraver, one that does NFA engraving, then call them if you have to.

No, you don't need a 5320 to mail an SBR for work to be completed on it.

Yes, NFA toys need to be engraved.

Tar Heel State Firearms does a ton of NFA engraving. They are cheap, fast, and knowledgeable about NFA engraving. I personally wouldn't use anyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.